April 27th, 2005

Bowser

Tribe of Judah StarCraft Series Chapter Leader
No Distance

Paul wrote, "I am convinced that neither death, nor life . . . nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord."

-Romans 8:38-39 (NRSV)

WHEN I think of the word separate, I think of young children separated from their parents in a crowd. All of a sudden they realize that their parents are not close by and the children panic. How will they find their parents? Though unable to articulate all that their mother and father mean to them, they know that their security -- food, clothing, protection -- depends on parents who feed, clothe, and protect them from danger.

Sometimes in the midst of our busy lives we lose sight of God, who suddenly seems far from us. However, Paul reminds us that as children of God, we are never separated from God's love. Truly, nothing in the world can separate us from God's love, revealed in Jesus, who died on the cross for our sins.

Carolyn Wilker (Ontario, Canada)

Prayer:
God, we thank you that nothing can separate us from your love. We pray as Jesus taught us, saying, "Father, hallowed be your name, your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread. Forgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone who sins against us. And lead us not into temptation." Amen.*

Back