AoEIII or Dawn of War??? WHICH>?? Quick!

I will go for Dawn of War because it seems more interesting, got good reviews and isn't made by microsloth.

Dawn of War most definitely! 2 expansions cant be beat, plus the dynamics fo the game are just awesome.

neither. Wait for Starcraft 2 :D
Remember that Starcraft 2 is being developed by Blizzard, the company with the 3rd worst track record for release dates--behind Valve and 3D Realms--in game development history.

I haven't played AoE III, but I have played two Dawn of War demos and enjoyed them both. I would recommend DoW, but I can't recommend it over AoE III without having played both games.

EDIT: I plan to pre-order Starcraft 2 in 2010.

Remember that Starcraft 2 is being developed by Blizzard, the company with the 3rd worst track record for release dates--behind Valve and 3D Realms--in game development history.

I haven't played AoE III, but I have played two Dawn of War demos and enjoyed them both. I would recommend DoW, but I can't recommend it over AoE III without having played both games.

ditto

i lol'd irl at that

But the game comes out in Autumn-Winter 2008... :confused:

I've never played Dawn of War. I've seen a mod of the game and it is odd seeing Orcs with guns.

I have played the AoE3 demo, took me forever to play it.

It really depends what type of gameplay and era you prefer.

Last edited:
I prefer DoW over AoE3, Big reason? DoW is not Microsoft, bit not the only, I like the gameplay of DoW!!!
Starcraft2? Hopefully before I get to much older!!
Tek, SC2 may get me back into online gaming!!

Actually, Maddmedic, its gotten everyone back, unfortunately...

Once SC2 was unveiled, everyone got back into playing Starcraft, on-line.

From everyone with a stats on B.net of 0-0-0 (Wins-Losses-Disconnects), they came back to Starcraft because they heard and saw that Starcraft 2 is out there. :mad:

Last edited:
I prefer DoW over AoE3, Big reason? DoW is not Microsoft, bit not the only, I like the gameplay of DoW!!!

Irrelevant! yeesh, AoE III doesn't have any of the problems winblows has so it shouldn't even come into consideration.

/cheer

I think we'll see a resurgence in the Strategy community similar to the current resurgence in the Shooter community (thanks to TeamFortress 2, Halo 3, and, soon, Unreal Tournament 3).

/cheer

I think we'll see a resurgence in the Strategy community similar to the current resurgence in the Shooter community (thanks to TeamFortress 2, Halo 3, and, soon, Unreal Tournament 3).

Oh! How I long for better hardware.....

I still say wait for Starcraft 2 :p

I still say wait for Starcraft 2 :p
Nah, we have to have something to tide us over for the next few (several?) years.

As I posted in another thread, I might pick up the Dawn of War Platinum Package for $30 on Steam after I get my first paycheck from my next job.

I can't vouch for AoE3, but I enjoyed the DoW demos I played a while back to plunk down some disposable income (when I have it) to buy the full game.

Back