Anyone playing Vanguard?

Bro.T

I have been reading some positive re-reviews of Vanguard SOH. Anyone playing this game?

If so, what server and are you in a decent guild?

I was reading about it about a year ago. I almost started playing. The low population turned me off to it. Not really sure if anyone else plays.

I read a couple different articles which stated there has recently been an influx of new and returning players. I tried the game a launch and then again about a year ago but never was able to find a decent guild. There is so much to this game that you really need a good guild.

I tried DDO twice before finally finding a christian guild (3rd times a charm I guess) and I now consider it one of the best MMO's I've ever played. I can't help but wonder if maybe Vanguard isn't just a decent guild away from being a winner!

Ok, been playing for a couple weeks now and many of the early on problems this game had have been fixed.

This is a huge game world to explore. There are 3 major aspects to tackle; adventuring, crafting, and diplomacy.

Adventuring is your normal leveling type stuff. Take quests, delve dungeons, raids, etc. Alot of classes and races to choose from.

Crafting is very involved. I have never been much of a crafter but I think those who enjoy it would really be able to sink their teeth into this system.

Diplomacy is the most intriguing aspect for me. It is like a collectible card game within the game. You get gear that gives you bonuses for different groups, sorta like reputation. To be able to parley with certain NPC's you have to have enough "presence" in a certain discipline (ie. academic, crafting, outsider, etc.).

There is a free trial available here: http://vgplayers.station.sony.com/

The Xeth server seems to have the most population and I have a couple toons on the Isle of Dawn (starting area).

I would love to have other from CGA try this game and am willing to help anyone who is interested in giving this game a try. Any takers?

If so, just post the name of your toon and when you will be on. I hope I get some takers as this game seems to have alot of promise.

Cheers!

I have played the game a bit, when it first came out, and about a year ago...it is a good game, but the fact they have like less than a 10k population pushes me away from the game... The time I played it last year I never ran into ONE person while playing...that is FTL...

I have played it off and on over the past couple of years. It is sad playing it though. I still love the depth of the game, completely open world, the unique diplomacy system, etc. Just sad there is hardly anyone playing it though. If only Sony would put some money into it it could still be a decent game but anyways.. :rolleyes:

Hope some others here give it a shot. A lot of the bugs from their bad launch are gone now and it is actually a decent game. I'd probably resub if I knew a few people that played. Like the last person said, I also played it a lot and rarely ran into anyone. Even doing a /who would only show maybe one or two other players in each zone. Not a lot of fun when no one else is on.

I just d/l'd the free trial. I had to put my wow account on hold for a bit so I figured I would check it out.

Back