Anyone live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area?

Narius

Hey guys..My dad's got a job interview this weekend in Dallas and we're all going with him, and depending on how it goes and if my dad gets the job we'll be moving into Dallas or the surrounding areas...(Arlington, Grapevine, places like that.) It's a really good job, where he'll be medically training people across the state in clinics for electronic records. Please pray for him to get this job! It'd be such a blessing for my family..He'd be able to work from 8-5 Monday thru Fri and make about $150,000-300,000, depending on where the boss wants to put him..because supposedly there are three jobs he could get in with different pay ranges. So he's interviewing for all 3 and they're gonna choose which would be best for him. But anyways, please pray for him! We really need this job..and if anyone is in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and wants to hook up this Saturday-Sunday let me know!

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1595081765
Email - Saints31256@yahoo.com
Phone (Text or Call) - 318-884-6215

-Michael

to bad i am about 4hrs from there (in houston) but a lot of my family lives there in the garland area they say its great out there

Sweet. Did you like it Icthus? We live in a kinda rural place..so it's gonna be a hard switch for us.

I lived there most of my life actually.

I enjoyed some of it. The food and people were incredible.

The traffic and concrete jungle is not so great. The heat is an issue as well. 30-45 days over 100 on average.

There are lots of towns in the Metroplex, but they are all pretty much the same.

Most people pick where to live based on job and school. You can find country living if you don't mind he hour commute to work.

I lived there also, but it was awhile ago. But one thing is that the Metroplex is huge ... and you transition from urban to suburban to rural pretty quickly. It's a weird thing where you have two urban population centers (Dallas and Fort Worth) with a blob of concrete to-semi-rural suburbia in-between. To me that's very different than, say LA-San Diego ... where it's pretty much straight suburbs and concrete jungle from one to the other (except for a stretch that's a Marine base). And I'd argue that the north and southern edges of that in-between push more towards rural than suburban. Straight north of Dallas is Plano-Richardson which is mega-suburban, not rural at all. Some of the other directions I'm not so familiar with, but you can make all sorts of tradeoffs with commuting distance vs. degrees of rurality, and there are enough centers of employment (and hospital/medical centers) that it's not traffic jam city within everyone going from the outskirts to a downtown.

Overall, Dallas gets a bad rap as far as Texas cities go ... but I really liked my time there. Good cost of living, tons of stuff to do, easy access to the rest of the country from DFW, and BBQ and Tex-Mex galore. As I write this, makes me wonder why on earth I'm living in Orange County CA ... sigh...

I lived there also, but it was awhile ago. But one thing is that the Metroplex is huge ... and you transition from urban to suburban to rural pretty quickly. It's a weird thing where you have two urban population centers (Dallas and Fort Worth) with a blob of concrete to-semi-rural suburbia in-between. To me that's very different than, say LA-San Diego ... where it's pretty much straight suburbs and concrete jungle from one to the other (except for a stretch that's a Marine base). And I'd argue that the north and southern edges of that in-between push more towards rural than suburban. Straight north of Dallas is Plano-Richardson which is mega-suburban, not rural at all. Some of the other directions I'm not so familiar with, but you can make all sorts of tradeoffs with commuting distance vs. degrees of rurality, and there are enough centers of employment (and hospital/medical centers) that it's not traffic jam city within everyone going from the outskirts to a downtown.

Overall, Dallas gets a bad rap as far as Texas cities go ... but I really liked my time there. Good cost of living, tons of stuff to do, easy access to the rest of the country from DFW, and BBQ and Tex-Mex galore. As I write this, makes me wonder why on earth I'm living in Orange County CA ... sigh...

That's nice..We're wanting something suburban with a big neighborhood (one of those that has their own schools and community swimming pool and stuff like that...that we were told about.) We're even thinking about Arlington.

All of those places you mentioned are good. Grapevine is very very nice, but very very far.

Icthus...sweet..We're thinking about Grapevine or Flower Mound.

Grapevine has a much better small town feel. I actually graduated from Grapevine High School.

Flower Mound has some great qualities but is more suburbia and Grapevine more small town feel.

School districts and traffic are all equal for those two.

Grapevine has a much better small town feel. I actually graduated from Grapevine High School.

Flower Mound has some great qualities but is more suburbia and Grapevine more small town feel.

School districts and traffic are all equal for those two.

Does Grapevine still have the big neighborhoods with their own schools and community pools? That's mainly what my mom's looking for.

We're actually thinking about trying it out this Sunday and seeing what it's like. My mom follows Matt Chandler on Twitter. How big is The Village?

I don't know how many attend in Flower Mound, but I think I heard across all the campuses there is like 6000?

Back