Anyone interested in an EQ2 chapter of ToJ??

exodus

if we have enough support perhaps Tek will let me lead this venture
smile.gif

The game looks interesting, but the only MMORPG I will buy is one without a monthly fee! And that means I'll probably end up getting Guild Wars!
biggrin.gif

Same as above. WOW and Guildwars will probably be much better. I watched an internet broadcast of someone playing the eq2 beta, it was choppy, laggy, looked incredibly boring, and the graphics weren't that good at all.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (exodus @ Oct. 22 2004,2:37)]if we have enough support perhaps Tek will let me lead this venture
smile.gif
*nod* Put together a full staff and you're good to go.

And despite criticisms, I still believe EQ2 will have a very large player base. This represents an awesome opportunity to reach out to other gamers.

I don't like Counter-Strike (at all), but I recognize it's an awesome tool to bless people and inform people about Christ. If you don't like a game, that's fine. Please still support and encourage the gamers that want to use the game to do the Lord's work.

agreed blizzard rocks, and is due much respect.

problem is, i several RL friends all over the country playing eq2, and i was hoping some of my ToJ brethern would join me
smile.gif

eq2 beta has some good stuff in it... i think you'll be surprised if you give it a chance!

let me know if anyone is interested!

check this out -

EQ2 info

I have some personal prejudices against EQ anything, but looking at the higher good, it may be something to explore. Would there be any way to check with current players to see if anyone playing would want to join (beyond current members of ToJ)?

well i'll definetly be playing, and attempting to recruit at the same time... so we'll see how it goes, i'll keep you updated.

check out the eq2 websites, i think you'll be pleasantly surprised - they are taking the 'good' things from other MMORPG's and putting those into EQ2.

player customability is amazing, combat will lock, quests will be single instance... this game is gonna be amazing (coming from a guy who has played EQ, AC, AC2, DAoC, EVE, SWG, and COH.... i've tasted a few MMORPGs, this thing is gonna be the r0x0r, i promise.

I'm like you Exodus, I've played just about every MMORPG out there. Unfortunatly, I don't think I will be giving SOE any more of my money in the near future. I do think it would be neat if we had a WoW and an EQ 2 chapter to go along with our DAOC chapter.

Cory

evercrack...lol

well if you have any experience with any MMORPG, they all have the ability to suck you in... just gotta show some discipline... and not plan on power gaming, just enjoying the game for what it is.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ([toj.cc]hescominsoon @ Oct. 28 2004,4:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (exodus @ Oct. 28 2004,5:02)]evercrack...lol

well if you have any experience with any MMORPG, they all have the ability to suck you in... just gotta show some discipline... and not plan on power gaming, just enjoying the game for what it is.
i have..asheron's call and EQ..i have washed my hands of MMORPG's
That's just what you think!

I used to play EQ. Had to stop, it was like attacking my bank account with a flamethrower. All that money down the drain.

Plus it was never the same since Verant went the way of the dodo.

honestly lion, there are no charcter classes that really grab me in WoW.

with the new changes to EQ2, even the classes they have already designed have many new layers of customization...

You know there's really only like 4 classes in Everquest right? After level 20 or so they're just called different things, but largely share the same spells.

actually thats incorrect.

there are 4 main AT's, warrior, priest, scout, mage

at level 10 they break down into sub classes, and the sub classes share attack types and spells.

at level 20, you can choose your primary proffession, which is when things really start to get fun.

here's a few more things they are adding for customization:

New Feature - Training Specialized Abilities

* As you develop your character, you’ll be able to specialize in major aspects of your profession. About every ten levels, you can choose to focus on one of your core abilities and receive advanced training to improve it.
* For example, a priest could train and receive either a stronger heal, a more potent buff, or a higher-damage nuke. This ability would be of much greater potency than the typical granted spell and may be upgraded even more through adventuring.
* Each profession gets similar choices that play to their strengths – fighters may choose between offensive and defensive enhancements, or mages may focus on improving a damage spell, a pet, or a stun spell as appropriate to their profession.

New Feature - Character Traits

* Character traits allow you to choose an aspect of your character and improve upon it. Traits are independent of your character’s race or profession, and all characters have access to the full list.
* By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to seven traits that help tailor their character to their preferred play style.
* For example, a given character might choose to become Clever, thereby increasing their intelligence. Another character might choose to become Nimble, thereby increasing their base agility.
* Traits can improve your character in a variety of areas, such as increasing your statistics, giving more health or power, improving your health or power regeneration speed, and making your more resistant to magic, disease, or different types of melee damage.
* Traits are generally permanent effects that continuously improve your character during play. Once you’ve selected a trait, you’ll enjoy its benefits permanently.

New Feature - Racial Traditions

* As players learn the background and lore of their chosen race, they begin to unlock certain bonuses. This starts with race-specific titles and leads to a choice of racial abilities.
* By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to four racial traditions to help tailor their character to their preferred play style and distinguish themselves from other members of their race.
* For instance, an iksar could choose from enhanced health regeneration, increased power regeneration, or increased armor class. A ratonga may learn to forage for food or improve his ability to dodge blows. Erudites may learn to summon a magical wisp, guard themselves with a magic-resistant shield, or improve their alchemist crafting abilities.
* Racial traditions take many forms, but are generally activated abilities that can be used on demand to greatly improve your character for a short period of time.
* Some traditions give bonuses similar to traits, but with much more powerful effects.
* Full racial tradition lists will be released for every race in the next few days.

New Feature - Enemy Mastery

* During your adventuring career, you’ll be able to learn about the creatures and monsters you’re fighting and use that knowledge to your advantage.
* Every few levels, players may choose from a selection of enemies and undertake a quest to learn how to exploit their weaknesses. The successful completion of this quest results in an enhanced attack against that type of enemy.
* By the time they’ve reached level 50, every character will gain access to six enemy masteries to help tailor their character to their preferred play style.

Back