Anyone for Thunderhead Keep this Weekend?

Halonic is back in action. Takes more than a little hurricane to keep me down.

48 hours without electricity. Another 48 without DSL. Halonic is ready for a hot shower and some GW action.

Has anyone heard from Miss Evangelina? He/she was riding out Rita in Houston....possibly does not have power yet.

I have a yard full of hardwood trees and didn't lose a one. Lost a million limbs. The rainfall was less than expected in my area.

A jillion trees down in my area, many across rooftops. My in-laws still do not have power as I write this.

I worked a couple of hours at our church today. It is heartbreaking to see the refugees from the hurricane. At one time we had 650 in our church alone.

I couldn't help but think as I watched the wind whip the trees outside my window that God was using that hurricane just to demonstrate his power. You realize just how powerful He is and conversely you realize just how powerless we really are. 2 Cor. 12:9 addresses that subject.

Glad to be back with friends.

YAY!!!

Glad everyone is safe again.

Wish I had been able to get on last night, but I didn't get home till 9:30 and I was wiped out. My head hit the pillow at 9:45 and didn't move until morning.

Silly flu bug...

Thunderhead Keep is slowly becoming a thorn in my side. I have done it with my Monk and my Ranger with hardly any problem at all. Poor Angelina County is stuck here after numerous attempts with PUGs.

This is not a critical point since she is already ascended and because I have finished the game with my other two. It HAS become a point of pride. Astrod00d's Ranger is at Thunderhead also. Keep us in mind when you are looking for something to do. We habitually play around 10pm Central on Friday nights.

Who needs PUGs? Gwendolyn Ablaze and Angelina County (a Mesmer and a Necro) went on the Thunderhead Keep mission yesterday with nothing else but henchies. Thunderhead is no more. What a trip.......

Between Gwendolyn's interrupts, Angelina's well of power and a timely rebirth King Jalis got his keep back.

yeah, who woulda thought a Mes and a Nec could load up with henchies and beat THead the first try?? Pretty neat. Maybe we should start charging for our services Halonic... hehehe

After seeing this, Loew gave it a try with all henchies on Monday - twice. Both times I got a little impatient and went after a group coming in one door and another group snuck in the other door and got back to King Jalis just before I did. Not quite fast enough to aggro them off of him.

I gave it one more try last night and camped right in front of him. He ran around little and joined in the fight a couple times, but he made it through.

If anyone is stuck at this one, let me know. I'd be willing to help you get past this one.

Now, on to the Ring of Fire Islands!

Yeah the key is to stay put, The ones that get stuck might stay there the whole mission and then you dont have to fight them. Less fighting is better. So just chill on the steps and enjoy the scenery.

A Monk and a Tank can do it with Henchies too. WE did it last weekend. I'd be happy to help with Talesin Friday evening.

Finally "unstuck" myself from this mission tonight with henchies. It really does help to just stay put and not even venture down the stairs at all. You have plenty of time after to pick up all the coinage, etc. before you talk to the King at the end. Sure is a long cinematic after that one... sheesh, get out the popcorn! :)

When I did it for the first time way back with my Necro, I was in a group where the leader had 2 of us firing off the catapults at all times and the rest were at the 2 entrances, some going back and forth and some staying put. Worked out quite well since most of the enemies came to the entrance already damaged because of the catapults.

I found that if you are doing the 2 group method, it works great to have a caster or ranger on each catapult. Like Q-Man says, it severely weakens them.

BUT if you are doing it with henchies, it is best to stay at the top of the stairs as mentioned and not use the catapults. You rarely get a kill from a catapult and by the time they make it up the stairs they have regenerated. Just sit and be patient. It's not as exciting this way as the 2 group method, but it gets you by this sticky mission.

Back