Any Volcano Junkies?

Skibabinz

Ever since I was a kid, I've wanted secretly to be a Vulcanologist. While that may or may not happen after my college career, I can't help but marvel at the power of Volcano's. I remember the first volcano I ever read about, Mt. St. Helens, and being awe struck at the forces that caused such an event. I then attempted to build my own, but only managed to infuriate my mom at the mess I made, since it seems Coca Cola and Play Dough don't exactly make an effective eruption.

So anyone a volcano junkie? If so, what is your favorite one? Got a favorite eruption?

I made a working model of Krakatoa for a sociology class in high school. I found out you can melt a pyrex beaker.

being from washington, and visiting big island hawaii :D HECK YES

I had the chance to use some of the Mt. Saint Helens ash for a glaze on pottery. Wonderful, beautiful, amazing, that the residue from something so destructive could be used to provide such marvelous pottery.

I had the chance to use some of the Mt. Saint Helens ash for a glaze on pottery. Wonderful, beautiful, amazing, that the residue from something so destructive could be used to provide such marvelous pottery.

This is true.

From Washington State here too :) In college I was very interested in volcanoes when I found out how they're tied to tectonic plates & earthquakes. Nowadays they still hold my interest but not as much as they once did. I would say Mt. Rainier is my favorite. Not sure of this qualifies, but I still like to periodically visit Crater Lake in Oregon.

From Washington State here too :) In college I was very interested in volcanoes when I found out how they're tied to tectonic plates & earthquakes. Nowadays they still hold my interest but not as much as they once did. I would say Mt. Rainier is my favorite. Not sure of this qualifies, but I still like to periodically visit Crater Lake in Oregon.

Oh that definitely qualifies. I'd have loved to have seen Mt. Mozama I think it was called, before it collapsed upon itself.

Back