Any Progress: Revitalizing & the Holidays

Prophet Elhanan

I was wondering if any progress has been made from the Officers meeting concerning...

- ...need to create an easy to use alliance forum. Just saw it. http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=208
- ...need to reactivate the SoE website at toj.cc/gw.
- Alliance emails. Regular communication via email with officers (and the entire alliance?) via newsletters and such.

I also would like to know if we have plans for any Christmas/New Years events? Maybe an alliance wide cape contest? Green give-aways for low level new players? (in Ascalon, Shing Jea Monastery, etc) Mass recruiting in some large towns? (maybe use some tonics to line up a ton of our folks and really stand out) A dodge ball (arrow) match in one of the guild halls? Christmas trivia twist to the Bible Study? Secret Santa for active players?

And does anyone know how to get a hold of inactive players? I mean, was information collected to reconnect with them if they have not been on in like 3 months so they aren't just leaking out? Anyway, just wanted to get that all typed down and out instead of sitting on it. Blessing.

-Proph.

Last edited:
I like the ideas you gave for Christmas/New Years events with the green give-aways. I have two low-level greens I am more than willing to donate. I also like the Christmas Trivia. I can donate some prizes for that if needed/wanted.

- ...need to reactivate the SoE website at toj.cc/gw.
Tek7 has the access codes. We're just trying to find someone with website/Joomla experience to revamp it. It's being worked on. In the meantime, dredd posted an update in order to give it some activity.

- Alliance emails. Regular communication via email with officers (and the entire alliance?) via newsletters and such.
Yes, the officers exchanged email addresses. The rest is still being worked on and discussed.

I also would like to know if we have plans for any Christmas/New Years events? Maybe an alliance wide cape contest? Green give-aways for low level new players? (in Ascalon, Shing Jea Monastery, etc) Mass recruiting in some large towns? (maybe use some tonics to line up a ton of our folks and really stand out) A dodge ball (arrow) match in one of the guild halls? Christmas trivia twist to the Bible Study? Secret Santa for active players?
These are great ideas! I like your tonic idea. We redo our capes every six months and it's getting close to the time to do that again. We can do it in conjunction with Christmas festivities.

And does anyone know how to get a hold of inactive players? I mean, was information collected to reconnect with them if they have not been on in like 3 months so they aren't just leaking out? Anyway, just wanted to get that all typed down and out instead of sitting on it. Blessing.
We ask folks to post a intro in the "Get to know the guildies" threads. We do one for each year. Not many posted in the 2009 thread. The 2007 and 2008 threads have quite a few people. We may be able to contact some folks through their CGA accounts or emails if they provided them. ToJ may have more info since we require SoE/SOE folks to sign up there and would at least have the email addresses.

These are great ideas! I like your tonic idea. We redo our capes every six months and it's getting close to the time to do that again. We can do it in conjunction with Christmas festivities.

On this note specifically I was wondering if there is any way in getting every Guild in the alliance to participate. Allow anyone in any guild to submit a cap that would be shared by all guilds after the selection process (primaries) by officers and the top 2-3-4(or whatever) voted on. Similar to what we do now in SoE/SOE. After votes are over all guild leaders change the capes to either...

1.) ...all identical to each other (color/logo/trim)
-or-
2.) ...have same basic patter (logo, trim) but with a unique color OR emblem for each.

I think either way we could adequately express a real unity among the Alliance in a real visual way. It would also help with recruiting especially if we flooded a district and would make our presence very clear. I've seen it done before and the chat went to the guild present immediately. We could even have members/officers/leaders to communicate with them in world chat. Just before Christmas would be great because we would have a unified cape just before a GIANT recruiting effort. That will at least make people look twice.

I think we have a real good thing going with the cape contest not just for unity building but it bring interest and could be a good tool for recruiting. Oh, and on the other stuff, I'm glad to see you guys are making a lot of progress. We got confidence in you to help reinvigorate SoE/SOE and the entire alliance.

-Proph.

Last edited:
While I may not be in the alliance any more, I would have to say I am totally against a shared alliance cape. Each guild, while Christian and in the same alliance, is a seperate entity with different recruiting techniques and requirements. While an alliance should be united, every participent should retain their individuality.

Just my views on the matter.

I can respect that view Orry. However, for those of us still in the alliance we have to begin walking down a path that will eventually lead us to a greater form of Christian community. I believe having one banner (even with it being voted on and changed twice a year) shows our determination and resolve to be a truly unified alliance, instead of a rag-tag bunch of guilds.

I am not suggesting we force recruiting or any of these ideas onto any guild that does not want to participate, but if we claim to actually be in unity with one another, a sacrament (outward sign of inward grace, that grace being unity) needs to be seen. Our individuality will not be hindered by it. Each character has his/her own unique armor, hair, face, skin tone, weapons, and the characteristics that each player adds to them. A single unified cape would at least be one thing that the entire alliance could share, even if it was only for a season. So I’m not saying a unified cape could give us that ecumenical spirit but I do think it would be a sign of it.

-Proph.

I like the idea of similar capes. If every guild had the same basic pattern and color with only the symbol itself being different (yet the same color), it would look cool in a district. We'll have to discuss this.

Yes, and I am aware HOLY is no longer in the alliance, nor do I have any say. I am just telling you how I see things. From how I see things, lack of distinction can be just as bad as lack of unity. Now, if you want to have a cape contest for the entire alliance, I won't do anything to try and stop you, not that I could anyway. Just offering my opinion as someone who won't be affected.

Your opinion is definitely welcome Orry. Holy and you have helped my friends and me in game before (advice or otherwise) and I believe you have played the game long enough to have earned some respect. I didn't mean to come across as offensive. (I don't think you took it that way but if it was so I apologize.) I don't want to push an idea so hard to bring unity to an alliance just to lose it with our friends outside. (would be a bit counterproductive in the grand scheme of things)

Anyway, if these are somethings that we would like to consider what do we do to make it happen? Obviously we will need to ask the other guilds to see if they would like to participate, but is there an officers meeting or another step before it is planned for?

-Proph.

Well, I see what you’re getting at Bonnie. He’s not going to be affected so why listen at all? However, he is still a Christian and as such a brother in Christ. For me, he is still apart of a greater fellowship not only within Guild Wars but in a greater sense in the body of Christ.(Rm. 12:5) We definitely do not want to stop the dialogue between us and HOLY, well for that matter anyone outside of our circle,in life or in a game. So when we speak of “unity” we always try to do so in the fullest sense possible. It also comes down to seeking counsel. Someone outside of the people being directly affected can be a good means to receive it.(Proverbs 11:14) We don’t not want to stop this; if we did it would be us that suffered.

On a side note, I have been apart of a rather large church split in the past and from my experiences I know for sure the best way to handle a separation in fellowship is with love, understanding, and patience. Each side must be praying for one another in this time and just trust in God’s providence to bring things around to the fullness of His’ perfect will. I believe we can do this. I have a lot of confidence that we will be able to maintain some form of fellowship and for now CGA offers us that.

-Proph.

Well said, Prophet. I, too, care what Orry has to say - or anyone else from the guilds that left. I also care about what you have to say, Bonita. It is good to have input form other Christians.

One of the issues to be dealt with in the one-cape question is, would requiring changing capes ("you have to dress like us") keep other guilds from coming into our alliance? So it is clearly important to hear what those outside the alliance have to say, as well.

So, I care.

I have to politely disagree on the cape issue.

Don't get me wrong, I love the idea. I'd like to see all the guilds with the same cape "theme" if not the exact same design. However in the past each guild has done their own thing with the capes and if a guild doesn't like the idea then I think it's rude to say "I don't care what you think".

As an alliance we need to be unified in areas that are much more important than cape designs. Let's work on that first and worry about the capes next.

Whether you are or are not currently in the SoE alliance, thanks very much for your feedback on the cape issue. We appreciate any input we can obtain about any aspect of the alliance; this is exactly the type of discussion we need to have going on.

To the best of my knowledge, the SoE alliance has no jurisdiction over other guilds, in terms of their cape design. It does, however, have authority in other policy-related aspects. Other than our own SoE/SOE design, we do not control other guilds' capes, nor do I know about any ongoing efforts to exercise that kind of control.

As requested, I will be sure to bring up these cape ideas in the next collaboration with alliance officers.

Cool Idea

I think a unified cape sounds like a cool Idea. It could be an "ice breaker" for other players to ask what Guild we are in, if they constantly see the same cape design running around. Just a thought.

Back