Any good churches in St. Louis, Missouri?

Tek7 (Legacy)

CGA & ToJ President
Ugh. Just browsed through about twenty web pages trying to find a church that I want to try out tomorrow. Ember and I have already been to six (or is it seven?) that we didn't think would be good choices for a "home" church. And I really, really miss my old church back in Tulsa.

Blar. Anyone know of any good churches in St. Louis, Missouri? I'm not promising we'll visit, but we are taking suggestions.

Last edited:
St. Louis - Victory Baptist Church, 1442 Hudson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135. 314-524-4060 [Pastor Mike Andrews]

Have you tried this one?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 31 2004,12:11)]St. Louis - Victory Baptist Church [...]

Have you tried this one?
Nope...Do they have a web site? Since Ember and I have been investigating churches using the Internet, we've had to dismiss several churches for not having a web site.

Last edited:
No, I tried to prayerfully consider one for you. There were three, that one, Lighthouse, and Grace. I did not see a single one with a website. That could be a job for you
smile.gif
Honestly, I am not familiar with them, they were just on a recommended site of churches in that area. One of those is actually in St. Anne.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 31 2004,1:01)]There were three, that one, Lighthouse, and Grace.
Hrm? Which Lighthouse and which Grace? Ember and I are considering visiting Lighthouse Baptist in St. Ann and we visited a church with Grace in the title a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
I take it you didn't like Grace?

Lighthouse Baptist Church
3025 N Lindbergh Blvd, Saint Ann - (314) 291-6919

Victory Baptist Church, 1442 Hudson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135. 314-524-4060 [Pastor Mike Andrews]

Sorry, I left Grace out this morning.  Here is another list.  I made sure that some of my favorite churches around the US were included on this site.  

http://members.tripod.com/MILITARYGETSAVED/missouri_ibcl.htm

They could've done a bit better on this site, alphabetizing at LEAST!  Again, there are some really great churches in other areas, in the midst of these.  Hope that is a good indicator.  Happy church hunting!  God is a God of miracles, so hopefully, you will both find a place just like home!

PASTOR JAMES R BELLER
KJB,HYLES
ARNOLD BAPTIST TABERNACLE
3705 TELEGRAPH RD
ST LOUIS MO 63010
ARNOLD MO
(636) 464-7955
(636) 296-9726 HM
pfp1611@aol.com
PRAIRIE FIRE PRESS ONLINE
SS 10,SM 11,SN 6,W 715
BUS,COUPLES,TEEN,NURSING HOME,KINGS COURT,
ARLINGTON BAPTIST ACADEMY
20 MINUTES S OF THE ARCH OFF I-55.

PASTOR KEITH GILLMING
KJV,BBF
LIGHTHOUSE BAPTIST CHURCH
3025 N LINDBERGH
ST LOUIS MO 63074
9404 AETNA
(314) 291-6919
http://www.yourlighthousebaptist.com/
LBCinStL@aol.com
SM 830 & 11,SN 630,W 7
NURSING HOME,TEEN,YOUTH,SINGLES
(formerly LIGHTHOUSE BAPTIST FELLOWSHIP & formerly DORSETT ROAD BAPTIST CHURCH)

PASTOR RANDY CASEY
KJB,BBFI,SBF
CRUSADE BAPTIST TEMPLE
3600 UNION RD
ST LOUIS MO 63125
(314) 892-7735
(314) 937-9520 HM
http://www.forministry.com/63125CBT
MAJ GEN RANDY WEBSTER/RELATIVE IN THIS CHURCH
SS 930,SM 1030,SN 6,W 7
AWANA,
SCOTT AFB 30 MILES
located one block E of I-55 and 5 blocks N of I-255 in South St. Louis County, MO

PASTOR DWIGHT BILLINGSLEY
KJV,BBF
FIRST BAPTIST CHURCH OF ST LOUIS
2280 MCKELVEY RD
ST LOUIS MO 63043
MARYLAND HEIGHTS MO
(314) 878-4454
(314) 576-4892 HM
(314) 576-5858 FAX
DwightBillingsley@compuserve.com
SS 945,SM 830 & 1045,SN 6,THU 7

PASTOR KEN SPILGER
KJV
GRACE BAPTIST CHURCH
11642 RIVERVIEW DR
ST LOUIS MO 63138
(314) 355-2137
webmaster@gbcstl.com
SS 930,SM 1045,SN 6,W 7

PASTOR DAVID GRIGGS
KJB,MBAA,PRE-MIL
EMMANUEL BAPTIST CHURCH
405 HOFFMIESTER ST
ST LOUIS, MO  63125
LEMAY AREA
(314) 631-2213
ASSOC. PASTOR: (314) 846-1357
gospeltrails@baptistmail.com
SS 930,SM 1045,SN 6,W 7
LEADING THE LOST TO CHRIST AND THE SAVED IN CHRIST'S WAYS
WE ARE A SMALL CHURCH BELIEVING IN THE WHOLE BIBLE AS GOD'S COMPLETE BIBLE.  STRIVING TO DO THE LORD'S WORK AND BELIEVING IN HIS POWER AND FORGIVENESS
A CHURCH OPEN FOR ALL TO WORSHIP THE LORD GOD IN TRUTH.  
COME WORSHIP WITH US AND HELP SPREAD THE GOSPEL.

Since I'm from the St. Louis area I might be able to help you out.  What type of church are you looking for, what area are you looking at, how far are you willing to drive for a good church, and do you prefer a big church or a small church?

I'll talk to my wife to see what she thinks too, but feel free to email me at Benjamin AT theasbecks.net

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 31 2004,1:18)]I take it you didn't like Grace?
Ember and I have liked all of the churches we've visited, to one extent or another. I'm certainly not saying that others wouldn't want to join the churches we've visited. We just haven't found one where we feel like we belong--or could belong.

We both come from excellent churches and we plan on getting involved in whatever church we join, so we tend to be rather picky.
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand where you are coming from. You are blessed to be in a large area, so while it seems to be a headache, you do have many choices. Once you get past the core belief's, there are so many other things to be considered. For me, the way they treat their visitors is of utmost importance. Hang in there, I feel certain you will find one that fits like a glove and they will be blessed to have the both of you!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tek7@Uni @ Nov. 01 2004,9:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 31 2004,1:18)]I take it you didn't like Grace?
Ember and I have liked all of the churches we've visited, to one extent or another. I'm certainly not saying that others wouldn't want to join the churches we've visited. We just haven't found one where we feel like we belong--or could belong.

We both come from excellent churches and we plan on getting involved in whatever church we join, so we tend to be rather picky.
smile.gif
My wife and I had the same problem, but we eventually found a church where we both feel like we belong. We've got a great pastor and we've been really learning and growing a lot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Marcylene @ Oct. 31 2004,12:11)]St. Louis - Victory Baptist Church, 1442 Hudson Rd., St. Louis, MO 63135. 314-524-4060
Looks like Victory Baptist Church relocated:

2625 Shackelford Rd
Florissant, MO 63031-2005
(314) 831-3833

lol That must be a good thing! A sign that it is not the one! I feel like a rat. I looked at that site and it had some churches that I was familair with included in their list. However, looking at their sites after I had given them to you...ugh ugh! That is bad when you can tell by the website that you would not be interested! I know of a couple of good churches that do not have websites. Now I understand, do them well, or do not do them et all!

By the bye, this last Sunday's visit brings us to a total of nine (9) churches Ember and I have visited together. I think. It might be eight. I think we've lost count.

Anyway, we're still seeking, so we'll find the church where we belong...eventually. Some day.
tounge.gif

Last edited:
Hon atm I feel that God is showing you lots of possibilities because He really wants you to be where He feels is the perfect place for you and Ember. Keep praying that He will show you want He needs you to see and that He will prepare both of you for where He wants you and when He wants you there.

Blessings,"Angel"

Update: Today's church visit makes number ten...and still no home church. Everyone, please keep us in your prayers.

Back