Anxiety

jjb14

Anyone ever feel anxiety in their spirit but cannot understand why? I feel vexed sometimes.. like a panic feeling in my heart but i have no reason to feel threatened. I can only remember feeling like this in two situations..

A: Before I followed Christ and learned about how we wrestle not against flesh and blood. I literally would worry ALL DAY..about some of THE most trivial things you could imagine. I thought something was wrong with me and I prayed about it and used the authority in Christ and it went away. That was about 3 years ago.,

B: The more I spend in my word, and the more confident I grow in Christ, and the further I walk away from my past habits, I feel the anxiety. I think its because I've finally attained spiritual peace. Like I feel so relieved of life, but I think the enemy hates this new walk and wants to rob me of my piece.

.. For instance, my post about the girl who had a vision of hell. Before, I was not worried at all about the twisted metal game that comes out next month. To be honest, I've never been bothered about any video games i've played except for some really stupid ones I ended up throwing away like Saints Row and a couple others. I preordered it a couple days ago. After reading what Rev said, I felt pretty Good. but since sometime last night I been feeling random anxiety about it. And I can say I know it has little to do with the game because I've experienced this before -- If its not the game it'll be something else. I prayed about it and still am..but its just frustrating because its like a water faucet dripping on your head all day. It's not major but its a itch I cant really scratch and I know if it wasn't here I'd have that complete peace I had a couple days ago.

Thoughts? thanks for replies

Hmmm, I am going to preface this by telling you that I have also struggled with anxiety and full-on panic attacks during my past (the kind that required medication, though I never took it) so I know full well how terrifying it can be.

The good news is that The LORD delivered me from all of that, just like He has for you as well. -- Notice that I am speaking in the past-tense because the redemptive and healing work of Jesus Christ is already completed.

First of all, and this may sound silly but it is absolutley true -- Don't worry about your anxiety! To do so would be like trying to put out a fire by heating it more.

The truth of the matter is that fear is no different than any other part of our old nature. For fear and worry is no different than lust or anger or envy or greed. They are all works of our old man.

2nd Timothy 1:7 makes it clear that fear is not from God.
What I would say to you is that you need to treat this fear as any other attack from the enemy, command it to leave by the authority of Jesus. and hold your ground, it will leave, just as it did for you three years ago.

I will agree with you in prayer about it tonight, as I'm sure many will here.
Also I will share with you another bit of good news. That's all that the enemy can do; all he can do is try to disturb your mind and get your mind off of Christ. As long as you keep your mind centered on Jesus, the enemy will never have an in-road in to your life.

All he can try to do is poke at your wall to try and find a weakness; but stayed in Christ Jesus, there are no weaknesses. He wore the crown of thorns on His head so that we would have eternal peace.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
(Isaiah 53:4-5)

Make that scripture your own personal confessional. It is a pearl and pillar of strength for those who learn it well and digest it fully.

Last edited:
Wow thanks man, I prayed about it earlier and took authority and it did loosen up a bit. The strange thing is, I end up being anxious about being anxious and I thought that was silly but apparently its not. Thanks a lot man

Hmmm, I am going to preface this by telling you that I have also struggled with anxiety and full-on panic attacks during my past (the kind that required medication, though I never took it) so I know full well how terrifying it can be.

The good news is that The LORD delivered me from all of that, just like He has for you as well. -- Notice that I am speaking in the past-tense because the redemptive and healing work of Jesus Christ is already completed.

First of all, and this may sound silly but it is absolutley true -- Don't worry about your anxiety! To do so would be like trying to put out a fire by heating it more.

The truth of the matter is that fear is no different than any other part of our old nature. For fear and worry is no different than lust or anger or envy or greed. They are all works of our old man.

2nd Timothy 1:7 makes it clear that fear is not from God.
What I would say to you is that you need to treat this fear as any other attack from the enemy, command it to leave by the authority of Jesus. and hold your ground, it will leave, just as it did for you three years ago.

I will agree with you in prayer about it tonight, as I'm sure many will here.
Also I will share with you another bit of good news. That's all that the enemy can do; all he can do is try to disturb your mind and get your mind off of Christ. As long as you keep your mind centered on Jesus, the enemy will never have an in-road in to your life.

All he can try to do is poke at your wall to try and find a weakness; but stayed in Christ Jesus, there are no weaknesses. He wore the crown of thorns on His head so that we would have eternal peace.

"Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted.
But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed."
(Isaiah 53:4-5)

Make that scripture your own personal confessional. It is a pearl and pillar of strength for those who learn it well and digest it fully.

I would also like to thank you for this. For the last 16 years I have been suffering from Anxiety, so bad about once a week or more I would maybe sleep an hour. Over the 16 years it had gotten worse, a lot worse, as in once a week a full fledged panic attack. And minor attacks throughout the week. I was to the point of not being able to function after 10pm.

A couple days ago I woke up after only sleeping 2 hours to one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had. Well, to make a long story short, after spending about 4-5 hours recovering, I got on my computer and decided to check the forums, I found this post, and your response. While I have prayed and prayed for my anxiety to go away for years, I read your post, took authority in the name of Jesus, and commanded it to go away. Since that moment, I have felt like a new person.

Now, here it is 2 or so days later, I am still doing great; however, I can feel like everything trying to stir it up again. I can tell the enemy is trying hard to make me take it back.

Again I would like to thank you for your post, but I would also like to ask for prayer, that I be strong in the Spirit, that I be able to resist and ignore the enemy's attacks. That the anxiety issues will never come back! I have suffered much these last 16 years, and I will not any longer! Through the power and authority of Jesus Christ, I am delivered from anxiety, and no power from the enemy or this world can ever bring it back!

Thank you... :)

Last edited:
I would also like to thank you for this. For the last 16 years I have been suffering from Anxiety, so bad about once a week or more I would maybe sleep an hour. Over the 16 years it had gotten worse, a lot worse, as in once a week a full fledged panic attack. And minor attacks throughout the week. I was to the point of not being able to function after 10pm.

A couple days ago I woke up after only sleeping 2 hours to one of the worst panic attacks I have ever had. Well, to make a long story short, after spending about 4-5 hours recovering, I got on my computer and decided to check the forums, I found this post, and your response. While I have prayed and prayed for my anxiety to go away for years, I read your post, took authority in the name of Jesus, and commanded it to go away. Since that moment, I have felt like a new person.

Now, here it is 2 or so days later, I am still doing great; however, I can feel like everything trying to stir it up again. I can tell the enemy is trying hard to make me take it back.

Again I would like to thank you for your post, but I would also like to ask for prayer, that I be strong in the Spirit, that I be able to resist and ignore the enemy's attacks. That the anxiety issues will never come back! I have suffered much these last 16 years, and I will not any longer! Through the power and authority of Jesus Christ, I am delivered from anxiety, and no power from the enemy or this world can ever bring it back!

Thank you... :)

Stay positive and speak positive man you're doing the right thing i too feel better just keep your head up and know who's greater than who

Yes, the enemy will try to bring it back on, but just remember that he is already defeated. He is fighting a lost battle, and the only way he can ever do anything is if we take our focus off of Jesus.

I will agree with you in prayer XionTawa, as I also have with jjb14 -- we can all agree with eachother -- for that is part of what the fellowship of believers is for.

I'm glad this has been helpful... rep jjb14 for a good topic.

^^ reps to you for a good answer I thank God for leading me here I've been doing a lot better since the other night.

Wow, I love Rev's post too :p

Anxiety really isn't a problem of mine(ever since I turned to God I suppose) but I love that Timothy verse that tells you to COMMAND fear to leave in the name of Jesus .

Amazing:) Praying.

Last edited:
Back