Answers and Updates from 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

LITSAFALDA

Prayer Angel, Moderator
Thank you Marcy for your wonderful idea.

Marcy brought it to my attention that it would be a great blessing on all of us if we took a few minutes and checked our past prayer threads from last year and updated everyone on the outcome. From answers, to updates, to still waiting on God; I feel that this would be an awesome way to show God's mercy, compassion, and especially His love. The ladies in Lydia's have done a
smaller version of this and it is awesome to hear some of their praises and blessings.

To make things not sooo hard and long to read please follow these guidelines.

1. Briefly tell us about the prayer/problem/praise etc.
2. If at all possible make a link to your request so we can see more details
just in case we may have forgotten over the year the specifics.
3. Please only one update per post........ I would rather have several posts
then a jumbled mess where no one can keep up with what you're talking
about.
4. Do not forget to praise and thank God because without Him we would be
nowhere.
5. MOST IMPORTANT: Please do not make this a spam thread. I would rather
it be more of a post and read thread then a let me see if i can get to
100,1000,10000, etc posts. Remember this is a prayer area and I prefer
to keep some sanctity here.

I hope this brings each of you blessings and reminds you just how good God is and how well He takes care of His children.

Blessings,"Angel"

You are very welcome, thank you as well, Litsafalda! :)

I am looking forward to seeing this thread bloom! Oftentimes I wonder what has happened to the person that we have prayed regarding and their families. In addition, like the apostles, we want to have strengthened faith and there is nothing that can make our heart sing like answered prayer! We can see the Word in action by the answers that He gives us.

In addition, I wanted to share that at the bottom of the Prayer Request/Praise Reports there is a way to sort that will make finding our posts easier. If you choose Sorted by: thread starter, From the: last year all you will need to do is scan through the pages to find your name.

I have had lots of relatives over for the holidays, it has been really busy here! The last one just went home and I want rest! I will do mine in time, promise!

I want to thank all who see the requests and pray throughout the year. You are a blessing in our lives that you may never fully realize this side of Heaven.

I hope everyone is having the most blessed New Year ever and this will be a the year of still more answered prayer, learning to live our lives praying without ceasing, and drawing nigh to God.

Prayer feeds the soul-
As blood is to the body;
prayer is to the soul-
and it brings you closer to God. Mother Teresa

I just borrowed a book from the library which contains meditations on Spiritual life and prayer of Mother Teresa. While I don't believe in all her views, she was quite the modern day Saint and example of one who gives their lives to others. It seems she lived her life in prayer. It is titled Everything Starts from Prayer compiled by Anthony Stern with a forward by Larry Dossey. I wanted to share several paragraphs with you.

First, a high proportion of scientists today believe in a Supreme Being who answers prayer. This may come as a shock to people who have been taught that genuine scientists cannot simultaneously believe in the Absolute and do good science. In 1997, however, researchers surveyed American biologists, physicists, and mathematicians about their religious beliefs. They found that 39% believe in God-specifically, they believe in the kind of God who responds to prayer. The highest percentage of believers was found among mathematicians, who practice what many consider the purest kind of science that exists. And so we see that the prevalent views that science is godless, that atheists make the best scientists, and that prayer and science cannot coexist are simply stereotypes to be challenged.

Second, medical scientists studying the effects of prayer have found compelling evidence of the benefits of prayer, meditation, and relaxation on individuals who pray. The body appears to like prayer and responds in healthy ways in the cardiovascular, immune, and other systems. But even more interesting are studies showing that intercessory or distant prayer also has an effect, even when the individual being prayed for is unaware of the prayer being offered and is at a great distance from the person praying. These studies are numerous, have been replicated by many scientists, and have involved not only humans but nonhumans as the prayer recipients. This latter point is important: If prayer's effects extend to animals and plants, they cannot be ascribed only to positive thinking or the placebo response.

The third major development heralding a synthesis of science and prayer is the recent emergence of scientific theories on the nature of consciousness. In general, these views go beyond the old idea that the effects of the mind are confined to one's individual brain and body. These new theories permit consciousness to act outside the physical body, perhaps through intercessory prayer. In light of these new ways of thinking about consciousness, it no longer seems outrageous to suggest that prayer might act a distance to bring about actual changes in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back