Another beta weekend

So when the game releases would I be able to have a game night with some buddies and we can all play together immediately as different classes or will we need to get past starting areas first?

Each starting area is used by two of the classes. So you could play with someone of a different class from the beginning of the game, but you have to finish the first planet before you'll see the last two classes of your faction. That info has been announced, so there's no breaking of the NDA to say that.

Last edited:
That's cool.

I might just have a nerds-night-out with some friends on release date and I'll just convince everyone to roll as a force character or everyone as a non-force character.

So im guessing that the quest will lead to a main planet of some sort were they will be able to join guilds and such. Also if you have a way to communicate with friends ousside of the game you could roll any chacrter you wnat, that way if you find something the other players want off their planet you could tarde or something.

I've created Empire characters and still cannot get myself to play them. Right now I am so addicted to the Republic story and characters....even though I am thinking of trying the Bounty Hunter cause the get a jawa companion.

I've created Empire characters and still cannot get myself to play them. Right now I am so addicted to the Republic story and characters....even though I am thinking of trying the Bounty Hunter cause the get a jawa companion.

Heh... I like Empire. I'm happy with what I had a chance to play on the Empire side, so if I get access to beta again between now and release I might try Republic. That's the only way that I'll play Republic at all within like the next 6-8 months, though. After release I expect that I'll finish at least 2-3 classes worth of Empire story before I even try Republic. Maybe more than that.

I'm so bad at playing alt characters, I level them about halfway to max then quit back to my main. My main usually has about 100x more play time as they just become my baby

I've had a chance to play Republic, I initially wanted to play Republic come live. But after rolling a few toons I can't seem to get into them like I wanted. There just seems to be a lack of...flavor...when it comes to their areas. The stories are fine, but I, surprisingly, enjoy the Imperial run far more.

I've had a chance to play Republic, I initially wanted to play Republic come live. But after rolling a few toons I can't seem to get into them like I wanted. There just seems to be a lack of...flavor...when it comes to their areas. The stories are fine, but I, surprisingly, enjoy the Imperial run far more.

That's what I love to hear. Go forth and spread your tale!

On a more serious note, though, you actually aren't the first person I've heard stuff like this from. I haven't had a chance to try Republic yet, but I have heard comments before that say the Republic stories don't seem as impressive as the Empire ones. I'll definitely try the Republic classes eventually, but this just reinforces my decision to play Empire.:D

Back