Anarchy Online Free!

amusedtoe

Ok, go this page for all the details and the linkage. The promotion is that you get to play totally free for a whole year with no commitment to pay, and unlike alot of these free MMORPG trials that still take a credit card to play the trial, this one requires absolutly nothing! While it launched pretty bad, it's supposed to have improved quite substantialy since then, and besides it's free even if it may not quite be World of Warcraft quality. Hopefully a fair number of you will check this out and we can get a good lil group going.

Edit- If your interested I'd be quick in at least creating your account since there's a little part at the bottom that says they'll stop offering new sign ups if they get too many people in esence.

I might get it...I had a trial account a while back. It was pretty fun...little weird and confusing, but fun.

Interesting. Here's what the Conditions at the bottom say:

"*The offer is only valid if you sign up a new Anarchy Online account between the 15th of December 2004 and 15th of January 2005. You can play free of charge until 1/1 2006. Should Funcom deem that a too high-increase in server load or other unforeseen events will lessen the experience for existing players the offer will be terminated at our discretion. The free version does not include access to any of the three expansion packs. Should you wish to upgrade to any of the expansion packs monthly subscription and client fees will be added."

Then you look at the awards... Not for the original game itself, but for its expansions. Obviously they want to draw you in with the free stuff, then you realize the game isn't very good unless you get the expansions. And BAM! You're nailed with the monthly fees.

Yea I know I read that, but it's free which automaticly makes me like it and more willing to put up with flaws. If it still is horrible oh well nothing lost, if it's pretty ok or better ya can't beat that for free. The chica's loved the Guild Wars preview, and she wanted to try WoW but they keys were gone before I could get her one so hopefully she'll like this. She'll also be alot less critical of any non game halting flaws since she's not nearly as hardcore and critcal.

How come i cant dl nothing eccept the client and not even that can coonect the torrent doesnt coonect err

well i'm downloadin with the client now... eta 5hrs 36 mins and 23 seconds ON BROADBAND!!!!!
mad.gif
stupid server. 13kb/s. i guess the alien invasion expansion pack is the best, and i'd buy that one, looks good and is scifi themed. im a scifi nut.

While it lacks the shiny polish of WoW, the gameplay underneath feels just as solid from my experience in the beta. Irregardless I'm having fun with it and the fact that it's free only helps.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 16 2004,4:26)]Everything keeps timing out and not connecting.
Well if you have some way I can get it to you directly I'll give it to ya, and I got a pretty consistent 40-50K with the torrent. I'm hopelessly addicted now though. The gameplay's really fun even though there's a lit of polish to some extent. Ah well here goes the little bit of free time I had.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 16 2004,3:26)]Everything keeps timing out and not connecting.
If you're having trouble with a standard Bittorrent client, try going to Shareaza's Webpage and downloading their P2P application. It's free, it's absolutely freee of spyware and it works beautifully. It also connects to Gnutella, Gnu2, eDonkey and Bittorent simultaneaously so finding what you're looking for is a snap. I used it to d/l the anarchy files too and it worked without a hitch. Worth checking out.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (y0_diggity @ Dec. 17 2004,1:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheJfreak @ Dec. 16 2004,3:26)]Everything keeps timing out and not connecting.
If you're having trouble with a standard Bittorrent client, try going to Shareaza's Webpage and downloading their P2P application. It's free, it's absolutely freee of spyware and it works beautifully. It also connects to Gnutella, Gnu2, eDonkey and Bittorent simultaneaously so finding what you're looking for is a snap. I used it to d/l the anarchy files too and it worked without a hitch. Worth checking out.
It connects me to one of those mass search engine sites that are usually accompanied by browser hijacks and domain theft...
rock.gif

Back