An Appology and A Thank You

-Jad-

Howdy all;

I just wanted to pass on an appology from my little brother (who is 13...almost 14).. who many of you know as Padorian... I got many calls friday night from guldies saying that my little brothers account had been hacked.... I called my parents to see if he was playing and it turns out he was not... So yes he was hacked and we are really sorry for the bad things the hacker apparently said over guild chat...

This is his first online game and he was really upset and ...most of all he was embarrassed and worried that everyone would be mad at him... gotta love that little guy.

We were able to log back into his account shortly after getting a bunch of calls from peeps to change his password.. from the looks of things all they were able to do is strip him down and take all his gold and items from his bags ... everything in his bank was still there..

Thank you very much for all who were looking out for him/his account and who tracked me down by phone to notify me of this. You guys Rock!!!

Sad to hear of another hacking but glad to see everyone able to get ahold of you and put the brakes on before it went any further!

That is sad to hear, but good job guildies for staying on the ball!

Yeah for Firefox!

Is Blizzard not going to give the items and gold that he lost back to him?

Funny thing about that is Blizzard doesn't actually keep a database of the specifics of what you had. They know you may have had an item but they don't know if that item was of the monkey or of the whale or of the tiger. So you get your item back, but what good is of a whale item to a warrior? And the gold equation is rather complex. Because they can't give back enchants or the gems you may have had, they give you back what they feel the value of those items were. And for a lvl 69, it might not be much at all. At least that is how it was explained to me by my brother who watched his wife's toon log in while she slept on the couch.

Funny thing about that is Blizzard doesn't actually keep a database of the specifics of what you had. They know you may have had an item but they don't know if that item was of the monkey or of the whale or of the tiger. So you get your item back, but what good is of a whale item to a warrior? And the gold equation is rather complex. Because they can't give back enchants or the gems you may have had, they give you back what they feel the value of those items were. And for a lvl 69, it might not be much at all. At least that is how it was explained to me by my brother who watched his wife's toon log in while she slept on the couch.

Actually, I myself was hacked shortly after Christmas and although for non-rare items with suffixes were difficult all my boss loot and gemmed gear was restored exactly as it had been. I think I still have the email somewhere in my inbox. They list what they were able to determine you lost, and then allot a sum of gold as compensation for what they feel they were unable to restore. I even ended up with some materials I didn't have in the first place lol. I think out of stuff I lost it was mostly materials for professions, primals, and the like.

Good to go got the in game mail from the GM the other day.. He was sooo Happy and relieved. Thank you all for helping him out he was so amazed at how much you all cared about him and helping him out.. You guys are AWESOME!!! :D

same here when I got hacked the guild was on the ball as i didn't know for three days.
thank you all you really spammed him good. Blizzard is pretty good but they never give back all that you lost. hang in there. will always want to run with you and we did the other day while I was on my goblit wannabe.
doc

Back