an 8 year old ripping apart CCGR

Nooo not again... we're being trolled. His points were so trollish I won't even try correcting them, I just hope he doesn't really believe it.
Except the magic one, which I feel is being misinterpreted a lot these days. Now I don't believe anything but DARK magic really exists (and Light - that's ours) in our world, therefore anyone practicing miraculous signs not of Christ is of the darkness. And I don't believe there's any game out there that actually makes dark magic seem 'good', save for Diablo's necromancer, who is bending darkness to his will to fight the darkness so a bit divided on that one.
Now fireball, arcane barrage, frostbolt... don't think those are considered MAGIK at all. It's just manipulating the earth's (nonexistent) elements.

Really, after being on... well... somewhere (rules 1&2) for a while, nothing can offend me anymore.

Last edited:
Seems like whenever we see this kind of thing it's because somebody is just mad that their favorite game didn't get soaring endorsement.

I think people really do look for personal validation by surfing around the Internet to read all the glowing reviews of a game they really liked. "Hey I'm cool because I liked the same games all these reviewers did!"

And then they're surprised when their favorite titles barely manage a 'C' rating because there's excessive graphic violence or adult content or language or whatever. It's like they expect CCGR to review a game using he exact same set of cookie-cutter standards as other review sites. What would be the point of that? The reviews there are for a specific audience looking for specific criteria.

So yeah. Sounds to me like this kid's parents need to pay closer attention to what he's up to and use CCGR themselves before stuffing his stockings this Christmas.

Back