Alternative Game Suggestions

Counselor

After playing WoW a few years off and on I needed a break. Went back to Ragnarok mainly because it was different and cheap and I knew a few people there. No other Chrisitans that I've found there and it got boring real fast. Any other game suggestions?

Yeah, I dipped into private Ragnarok for a few years. No clue why.

May I suggest Lord of the Rings Online? If you play on Landroval, there is a great Christian kinship (guild) named Band of Hope. There's a 2 week trial which still gives you plenty of freedom. :)

The EQ2 ToJ chapter is growing and there are 14 day trials available. If you get a refer-a-friend invite from one of us sent to your email, you will get a nice 25% run speed cloak. Plus if you wanted to sub for a month there would be no game to buy. You would get 4expansions+3adventure packs just for the $15 a month.

EQ2 is a fantastic game with incredible depth and caters to the solo player nicely.

The EQ2 ToJ chapter is growing and there are 14 day trials available. If you get a refer-a-friend invite from one of us sent to your email, you will get a nice 25% run speed cloak. Plus if you wanted to sub for a month there would be no game to buy. You would get 4expansions+3adventure packs just for the $15 a month.

EQ2 is a fantastic game with incredible depth and caters to the solo player nicely.

I second this...and if you want the refer a friend thing, please let me do it, I brought 3 people to the game and forgot to...hehe...

I sent you a PM, but go ahead and give Xion your email as he needs to get his mentor mount :)
In the email he sends you it will contain a special download link and all the info you need.

Oh, and did we mention mentoring?

At any time someone higher level than you can come down to your level to help you out, and give you an EXP bonus... Makes helping people, and finding someone to help you much much easier...and much more fun... :)

OK so now I wait for Xion to send me a link? Sorry, feel like such a noob here. Just anxious to get started.

Back at you

Yeah I was away from the games a while. Had to get things right. Back in church now, a biker church no less, and working with some youth there. My now 11 year old really loves WoW and often plays it. I decided to try something different for a while. EQ2 should be fun. Anyhow back on track with the Lord and feeling great. Spare time is spent with family or riding the new motorcycle. Blessings to you my friend, hope all is well.

Logged in to the game, EQ2, for a few this morning. Little jerky in movement but maybe there are some settings I can adjust to solve that. It was also pretty dark. The interface is really different so have no idea how to chat, much less find guild members. Also, what is a good character to make to start? I was thinking maybe a high elf ranger or paladin. Then it said if I make lvl 20 in 14 days there a title or something. Is that realistic? Could use help here.

Jerkiness - Go to Options>Performance>Profile set to "high Performance" and turn off all shadows.

Dark - turn on the night vision button. (its like a huge gamma boost)

Class/zone - Start in Kelethin or Timerous Deep and look at this list to help choose. I recommend something more offensive then defensive when starting. Ranger is a great choice, pally is a good choice.

http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Character_Creation - look in middle of page for "Choosing Your Class "

lvl 20 in a few days is easy once you get the UI down and a feel for the game.

Last edited:
There is no night vision button without Profit UI to my knowledge...but I could be wrong...also, in the last patch they fixed the problem with shadows being one of the main issues with lagging graphics, but depending on your graphics card... The game has very good graphics, even me running a very high end machine run the game on the one above Balanced...High Performance works well...

Note: There is a bit of messing around you need to do to get used to the game, play with the settings, and move the UI around, mess with UI settings... Like I said, it can be a bit overwhelming at first...but once you get it down, it is awesome...btw...my UI is set up similar to WoW's, you can set up options for, move, and resize ANY window in the game....

If anyone is in the guild on EQ2 holler at me. I'm on a character named Erilon and fumblnig around quite badly. I will be playing a few hours tonight.

Back