Alliance Contests

PraiseH_BlessH

The purpose of this post is to introduce a number of prospective activities, festivities, and contests that SoE leadership will be holding on the forum and in-game. I have been designated as the court jester (aka forum clown) by president stc, but Raven will also be joining me to create and implement new activities. Whenever you have ideas related to forum/in-game contests, please feel free to pm Raven or me, and we’ll be prompt to get back to you.

From our last discussion, we put together this very brief list of potential activities, some of which are already in use:

1. Ugly cape contest: find and take a screenshot of the ugliest capes you can find. An impartial board of judges will pick the absolute ugliest cape entry, and the winner(s) receive prize(s).
2. Ugly armor contest: find and take a screenshot of the ugliest character armor you can find. An impartial board of judges will pick the absolute ugliest armor entry, and the winner(s) receive prize(s).
3. Where am I contest: take a screenshot of your character anywhere (i.e. outpost, explorable area, mission area, etc), and other players must figure out where that location is. Players then must take their character to that exact same location and take a screenshot as well.
4. Daily Bible Challenge: Trivia questions. Self-explanatory and already in use.
5. Bible trivia fill-outs: extensive word documents provided by SoE in which you must answer a series of Bible-related questions. These fill-outs may be completed over a long period of time, and a deadline will probably be set to submit it. These question sets will not only help you understand more about the Bible, but also earn you prizes when you complete them.
6. Various contests during holidays/festivals?

I realize that this is a very short list of activities—some of which have not yet been started. If you have any ideas for forum/in-game contests, please post a reply! We are open to—and very much need—more ideas. In addition, if you are interested in hosting (or being a facilitator) for any of contests, please let us know. That task is open to all members.

I’d like to emphasize the purpose of holding forum/in-game contests. Our first priority is to attract large numbers of SoE players to the forum: we seek a large, consistent crowd of players who actively have fun with these activities and participate in other forum threads. Our second goal is to foster positive relationships between players. All activities should be crafted in such a way to help SoE alliance players to get to know each other better and to strengthen our in-game network.

Lastly, our overarching goal is to help everyone become better acquainted with the Word of God. For this reason, some of our activities are related to the Bible and require you to know (or at least refer to) verses from the Bible. As Scripture says, the Bible is the cornerstone of our Christian lives:

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
–Heb 4:12 (NIV)

I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.
–Ps 119:11 (NIV)

Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
–Ps 119:105 (NIV)

All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.
-2 Tim 3:16-17 (NIV)

The law of the LORD is perfect, reviving the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple.
–Ps 19:7 (NIV)

As you begin brainstorming new activities that will increase participation in the forum, foster positive relationships, and increase our knowledge of the Word, we ask that you keep SoE alliance's goals in mind. We look forward to hearing all your great ideas. Have fun!

Where am I?

I've attached a picture of my character, who is standing in a unknown location. This one should be really easy. The first person to post a reply with his/her character standing in the exact same position in the exact same location wins. Please also name the area. The winner will then post a mystery location, and the chain of mystery shall continue!

Good luck, and have fun.

Note: If you can, please post thumbnails to reduce the loading times of this thread and relieve stress on the server. Use image hosting sites like Imageshack and use the image's URL from Imageshack on the forums "insert image" button above. (icon is a mountain with a moon on a yellow backdrop)

Change of plans!
I realize that it can be extremely difficult to single out a specific location--and also navigate your way there. Instead of doing so, do your best to find out what explorable area the picture was taken in, along with any other information you think is correct. That would make it much easier.

I'd also like to open the floor to the ugly cape and armor contest. Feel free to start posting the most revolting combinations you see! You'll receive a great prize for each picture.

Coming up soon: trivia fill-outs and fun threads

The picture is the long bridge over the river in the Dejarin Estates. If you cross to the right of the elf then turn right at the foot of the bridge you can get to Camp Hojanu. There will be a Spotter and a Field Commander at that end of the bridge. As you swing right try to miss the 2 earth elementals. The red dots in the river are probably one of a bazillion Heket patrols in the area. Of course if you thought to take the bounty has you came out of Pogahn Passage stomp all the Hekets you find.:)

Oh my goodness gracious that was absolutely gorgeous (your description of the location, of course). Phenomenal job. Perfection...YAYAYUH!!!

And you sir, just earned yourself 15k worth of prizes from the SoE slush fund. And you sir, have the privilege of posting the next picture, which we'll have to guess.

Congratulations!

Thank you now all I have to do is to figure out how to post a picture. I have a perfect place

Back