All things Fire Emblem awakening!

Logos

Well, I did it I started up my fire Emblem awakening game last night, since Wednesday nights are my game night(s) if you wanna call it that. It has been a while since I played any strategy type game like that, plus fire emblem awakening will be my first in the series. So I am obviously newer to the series. I found it a bit over whelming at first with all the mechanics thrown in at once, but I eventually got the hang of the first two chapters worth of tutorial. Plus I decided to take some time and actauly read (shock) the in game tutorial guide. :p There is a lot packed in this game, and I know I am just scratching the surface. I am doing a play through on hard classic mode (don't ask why but I am finding most normal settings in games too easy for me). If anyone has played it or has any good FE tips let me know...spoiler free if you can. :). At least on my first play through. So is I am on chapter 2, I think it is, and going to try it out later this afternoon if time permits.

Have fun with Awakening! It's a blast. I can't think of any general tips, off the top of my head, other than:

*Be careful and thoughtful in your selection of units before a battle (not needed, or even possible, in the early chapters, but later on when you have more units).

Well, I am on chapter 3, which isn't far in but I can already tell I am going to love this adventure!! I did have to soft reset a bit on chapter 2, I kept rushing too much, and I found my characters dying. Since I have it on classic mode that was not going well. :p I sat back and examined my style, and used strategy "gasp", for once a RPG/strategy game that really has me thinking.

Back