@ Aendus

bestbw

Not sure when the last time you checked your account was (or if you even troll the forums anymore), but you've been hacked. :(

There were quite a few withdrawls from the guild bank of a lot of expensive mats and items, all around 3:00am. And, having Vet status meant more access to the tabs, and more withdrawls.

Which is a good time to remind EVERYONE...if you don't think it could ever happen to you, obviously IT CAN!!!!! And then this happens. If you have an Iphone, get an authenticator for FREE. If you don't, they're $6, and worth every penny. If you can't afford $6, I have an extra one I've never used. Send me your mailing address. I'd hate to see someone else be out of commission for a while because of hackers.

Shagz is such a good guy.

My account is pretty safe for now, unless a hacker wants to pay 15 bucks to reactivate it beforehand =P

Shagz - Aendus is no longer active... Has removed WoW from his pc if I remember correctly. Man I hate that this hack has occurred since he has retired from WoW to pursue his relationship with God in a stronger manner. I might be further qualified as a nut case in some peoples' eyes (which, btw, does not bother me - lol), but this is an attack by the Adversary to distract Aendus from his pursuit of God. So I offer up a sincere prayer of protection for his Christian life.

Another concern I have is about the authenticator. At one time I knew they provided an unhackable status, but I now understand they can be defeated. I am not convinced that they are all of the answer. Can you counter that argument? I certainly hope so for our sake.

At one time I knew they provided an unhackable status, but I now understand they can be defeated.

You are correct. They can be defeated, but it's like having an extra lock on the door. A thief who wants to break in will have to work extra hard to do so.

It's worth the money. I remember at one time it was a strong suggestion that all guild leaders (w/ access to guild treasure) have an authenticator. I don't know if that happened or not.

or if you have an itouch or iphone there is an app for free for it... thats what i use and SO glad i have it. now that i actually have more then 100g its nice to know its safe lol

So the authenticator is basically another level of encryption to make hacking an account more difficult? I ought to check out some hacking sites to see if there is anything about the authenticator, but leaving tracks there may initiate a trail to me...lol. I really was considering one until I read about them being defeated. Now the question is back...

authenticator worth it, do it. gives an extra level of security, we officers are constantly cleaning up after hacked accounts and it gets old when it is so easy to avoid.

Back