Adieu my friends...

Odale

I have been thinking its time to give odale a break. I have other things in life that need to be tended to, such as grades and what not, college is comming up also. My grades are not fairing so well, and in a time of great change in the KoT it is Very hard to say in going to take a break. Daoc, whether you want to agree with me or not, is like a drug. And when one loves somthing, such as cigarettes, and its haveing negative affects on you, such as cancer with cigarettes its hard to blame the thing you love
sad.gif
. When i come home i dont even usually study, its either Daoc, then work or Daoc then church
tounge.gif
( its pretty sad). Needless to say that i need a break and i really dont want to take one. On a normal day i usually think of the Guild once or twice a day, thinking of what we will do next, or who i will see. I will miss you all very much.
cool.gif

~ Odale
smile.gif

I hear ya Odale... good to see you getting your priorities straight. Oh, and I've made it official, I am giving up DAOC for Lent, so, come the 25th I wont be on for a while either. I'll still hang round and check the boards and stuff though. I might need some of you to play me in online checkers once I hit withdrawl stage.
smile.gif

The Knights of the Trinity is truly a wonderful fellowship of great Christian people. We game, we share Christ, we kick troll's around. But of all the efforts we put into our characters, of all the platnum we earn, and of all the spells and styles we master, it gives us nothing tangable to take when we log off.

http://www.camelotaddict.com/Archives2004/2004/Mortgage.JPG

I can understand how addicting this game can actually be. And I also understand how that can sometimes interfere with our own lives.

http://www.camelotaddict.com/Archives2003/2004/CompletelyAddicted.JPG

Several times, I had needed to take a break from the game so that I could better focus on my walk with God as well as learn to spend some of my time taking care of more important responsibilities. I know how important it is to balance your gaming into your life, not balance your life into your gaming. I got expelled from college once because I spent too much time gaming and hardly any time in class. (a shameful past)

So Odale, Epsilon, I know exactly how you feel. Take your breaks. Spend your time with God and in managing your life. Don't worry about leaving us because you'll always have a home and a fellowship here among us. This fellowship may be important, but you are more so. Each one of us has to live our own lives and pay the bills and manage our time. Don't let this game or any other addict you. Or it will become your god, and you will have sinned.

For me, its become a hobby and a fellowship now. I spend time taking care of my life's responsibilities, and then when I'm done, I can devote my time and my heart to you guys. Its one of the blessings of being single. I can better devote my time and my heart fully to God and His people. So while you guys take a break, I'll do my best to help Icthuus to keep the light on for ya.

Peace of the Lord be with you all.

"...it is to balance your gaming into your life, not balance your life into your gaming." Can i quote you on that?
wink.gif
And those pictures really summed me up good
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for your input Malohaut, and ill be there tisket
smile.gif

Odale,

I know what you mean. I had to give up a lot of gaming during college...and it was easier back then because games as fun as DAoC didn't even exist. :)

I'm lucky now. After being out of work for a while as an engineer, now I have a job with a game company doing game design...so I actually get to combine game interest with making a living. A small living anyway. That interest in gaming I've had my whole life is actually in line with being responsible now...and is certainly part of the reason I got this job. That's a great thing. :)

Just an illustration of how, yes, we have to be responsible with all interests in our lives...and, yes, God can make uses out of all of them too.

Back