Add-Ons: Needed , Wanted , To Die For

Yes 2 fantastic ones.
BigWigs is the boss mod
oRA2 is the raid assist
Both work fine with ppl who use CTRA.
Both us WAY less memory then CTRA.
I use them both and will never go back.

The safest way to get these mods is through the WowAceUpdater. It is a secure way to download the Ace family of mods. All Ace mods are designed to work with each other through shared libraries and all are made to use the least memory possible.

Here is the link http://sourceforge.net/projects/wowaceupdater

simply install, then check the boxes for oRA2 and BigWigs and hit f12 to install them.

If you want a list of the 50+ Ace mods that I use, let me know. There is a Ace replacement for everything.( Decursive = Detox, Enemycast bar= Anatagonist, Selfcast bar= Chronometer, Trinketmenu= TwinTrinkets, Unitframes= Aguf_frames, Titan Panel= FuBar2 and so on)

Oh yea, I was messing around with oRA2. Had trouble configuring it though...

Can you please tell me how to unlock MT Targets?

And do they include raid frames? or do I have to get a separate mod for those?

Thanks lots Mirakle! the MT Targets were driving me crazy xD.

While I was at it, I converted all my Titan Panel stuff into FuBar and you're right! Saves a ton of memory. I also tried the wowaceupdater and got a lot of errors with FuBar =\ I think I should have deleted the mods first...but they were backed up =D so no worries.

I actually have raid unitframes, was worried whether they'd conflict or not.

Still have a few concerns/questions though:

-How much memory do all your mods use? I'm running ~80 mods (some are light weight such as clearfont and such) and PerformanceFu shows that I'm using ~62.2 MiB. Too much? Still have leg room? Ok?

-Was wondering if you know if FuBar provides support for:

Elkano's buffbar
oSkin
otravi castbar

-While I was looking for oRA2, I noticed other "o" mods like oRAassist, oRA ready check, durability check etc. Do I need those? Or is oRA2 enough?

Appreciate all the help =D

Can you post an SS of your UI? Curious to see what it's like.

oRA2 includes it all in the one mod, where oRA had it in separate modules.

The best way (and this is very cool) to configure all the mods is through a fuBar plug-in called: FuBar_ModMenuTuFu this puts a gear icon on the bar that gives menu access to ALL the Ace and fuBar mods installed. Slick!

I started from scratch recently, moving the add-on folder elsewhere and installing from the updater, it cleared up all my errors.

I will check my memory usage and get back to you on that, I will also take some screen-shots of the UI and my add-on folder so you can see what I'm running.(I recently reinstalled WoW so the tweaking is not right again yet.) I would love to see yours as well. I get all excited about this stuff as Q-man can attest to.

Modding, one of the several joys of WoW. I get quite excited as well =D

I'll get some SS's up later. Too late atm.

To move the MT targets, hold down ALT while dragging them

oRA2 uses what ever unit frames are installed. If you want a good Ace2 one I love AGUnitFrames
http://wowace.com/wiki/Ag_UnitFrames

here is a good link to raiding with Ace. http://wowace.com/wiki/Raiding_with_Ace_AddOns

With 2.0 blizzard now has a API in place for castbar addons, and its own default castbar. ag_unitframes disables the default castbar, but if you get this addon:

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=5488

it works with ag_unitframes. The enemy castbar appears over the top of your target frame, currently unadjustable but very functional otherwise. Main reason I highly recommend this is it shows many many casts that normally go unnoticed by natur, ecb or the like. Such as bosses' whirlwinds (1.5sec cast), venom spits, aimed shots. Also you do not have to be targeting someone when they start casting the spell to see the castbar, if you tab to a warlock who is halfway through his soul fire you'll see exactly how much time is left before you get oneshotted.

Shameless guildie plug:

Trinity Bar!!!!!

It's made by one of our (TF's) own Paladins, Osk!! You can get it right here, well okay right here, the TF mod spot.

Features: WAY custom bars. Like I mean you can have like FOUR stance bars instead of one... or round bars. Or square bars, like a 3x4 block for instance.
Snazzy Round buttons (if you want)
Resizable buttons (like my inch-by-inch lifetap button. Can't miss that.)
"Invisible" mouseover buttons... like for stuff you don't wanna see till you wanna see it.
The only mod I know of that gets updated three times a day (on days connor has off work, I think :D )

So yeah.. check it out, it's a really cool alternative to CTbarmod.

With 2.0 blizzard now has a API in place for castbar addons, and its own default castbar. ag_unitframes disables the default castbar, but if you get this addon:

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=5488

it works with ag_unitframes. The enemy castbar appears over the top of your target frame, currently unadjustable but very functional otherwise. Main reason I highly recommend this is it shows many many casts that normally go unnoticed by natur, ecb or the like. Such as bosses' whirlwinds (1.5sec cast), venom spits, aimed shots. Also you do not have to be targeting someone when they start casting the spell to see the castbar, if you tab to a warlock who is halfway through his soul fire you'll see exactly how much time is left before you get oneshotted.

I am using this and it is cool. However I cannot move my AGUF party bars apart to make room for it. They over lap the bar above it. Is there any settings you know of to either a) Detach the frames in the party grouping, or b) Space them out more?

The developers of Squishy are at work on a sweet new mod. Its a must have if your a squishy/emergency monitor fan.

http://www.wowace.com/wiki/Grid

It has much functionality while taking up way less room and bulk as Healbot does. It syncs with others who use it so we can see incoming heals/renews.

Check it, you will like it.

And of course the only way to use it to its full potential is alongside Clique....
http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/info5108

UNFORTUNATLY it does NOT work well with Trinity bars at the moment. Trinity messes it up and makes it bind to the top of the screen or someting. I recommend Bartender3 for a Trinity Bar replacement

Hey, ewoks, could you be so kind as to point that out to Osk over on TF's site? I know it's not necessarily his problem that another mod is being messed up, but he's trying to make his mod as robust as possible, so he may want the heads up. :)

Thankee :)

Looks like the ever-busy Osk (I think he must have quit his job to work on Trinity 24/7 or something) has a fix for TrinityButtons to make it work with Grid.

I think if you find it still doesn't work, he's interested in making the two work together. :)

I am using this and it is cool. However I cannot move my AGUF party bars apart to make room for it. They over lap the bar above it. Is there any settings you know of to either a) Detach the frames in the party grouping, or b) Space them out more?

I wish I knew this as well, the party castbars are neat, but not really necessary, so I just turn them off. It is the target castbars that I get the most use out of.

Ahh Avesther why did you delete that? I thought it was very good info, and importat for raiders to consider. I like using meters but I often consider all the things you had listed and would hope others did as well.

Back