Add "AGE" to SoE player info?

AmericanJudkins

I was just curious how old some of us are. I know for certain that there are a few dudes that go to school, some that are working adults, and some that, like me, are looking for jobs.

Can we add our AGE to the player info? Or is that too personal? I'm gonna do it :)

By the way, "mad dogg matt"... i think it would be best for you to actually put in your real information. Your name is not "pwnerer." On teamspeak, I want to start referring to people by their real names. So, please make an edit to your post... thanks...

I don't think age would be appropriate for this. That runs into child protection issues. The same goes for real names.

I agree with Kidan, our guild has an extensive range of people from different stages in life. For those of us who are legal adults, you may add something like "working adult" or "college student" if you want to, but age should not be required.

For those under the age of 18, I'd advise against sharing personal information in a public forum like this. I also suggest that you know and respect your parents wishes about what information you communicate to others on-line.

Putting your real first name (without last name) is dangerous?

I'm just tired of saying "good job, er... Loew..." and I certainly am not going to be saying to Mad Dogg Matt "Good job... ownerer..." on teamspeak. We're all Christians here, or at least we should be. There should be a more personal connection, and I'm not talking about phone numbers, addresses, or anything like that. I'm just talking about a first-name basis.

I do see what you mean about ages, though.

Last edited:
this is a public forum and anybody can have access to the posts and info.

but I totally agree with DZwart.
first names should be fine,but again, for minors, better to be extra cautious

but since I am not a minor, and a current broke college student(20)... me name is Tim. although I wish it was pwnerer like ChickenSoup...

I agree wit the age thing. I think if you want to include it than you can but not a require meant. I think it nice to know peoples firsts names and I am now trying memorizing people names like everyone should know Loew's real name and I finally know Halonic's and Mr Judkins. BTW I am Andrew and I am 26 years young.

I don't know that I would say adding first names only is dangerous, but some parents might not be comfortable with even that level of personal information.

As for teamspeak, I tend to answer to both my character name and my real life name because we are all in the context of the game.

And to save you the effort of finding me on the intro thread - I'm Derk and I'm 30.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm T.J. and I'm a Battlefield 2 addict and a recovering Guild Wars addict. Oh, and I'm 30.

BTW, his name isn't really pwnerer. It's SOUP BOY!

AmericanJudkins said:
I was just curious how old some of us are. I know for certain that there are a few dudes that go to school, some that are working adults, and some that, like me, are looking for jobs.

Can we add our AGE to the player info? Or is that too personal? I'm gonna do it :)

By the way, "mad dogg matt"... i think it would be best for you to actually put in your real information. Your name is not "pwnerer." On teamspeak, I want to start referring to people by their real names. So, please make an edit to your post... thanks...

I'm not allowed to post my name and residence sorry

chris, 23 year old 5th year senior broadcast major (tho i answer to character name, baron squirrel, squirrel, Jesus[see sig], or just about anything else, as long as i know you're referring to me)

My Name is Aaron, and i'm 16 years old. ^^ Youngest so far.
I go to school, and work a part time job.

inkelis said:
My Name is Aaron, and i'm 16 years old. ^^ Youngest so far.
I go to school, and work a part time job.

Soup Boy's got ya beat Aaron. He's a couple of years or so younger.

the personal info thing can be a large concern, if you have a uber long name, i'll just call u something short, but generally i'll go by handles. like i wont call fiona dredd, fiona, i'll just call him dredd 24/7 , but yeah. im atown 16 year old college student

I'm Paul and I'm a 32-year old piano teacher. I'm working on a Masters degree in Library Science and working a part-time library job on top of my teaching.

I'm surprised how well the 25-35 yo age-range is represented in this group!

Paul

Back