Achievement servers

Are achievement servers legit or cheating?

• Total voters
Cheating and you will be banned from ToJ

I did some achievements with 2 other players on the ToJ TF2 server.

I got Be Polite, The Last Wave, Trust Your Feelings, Sniper Milestone 2, Where Eagles Dare.

I also got the Jarate, which I never get.

So, your gonna ban me? ;)

Not a big deal, just make sure to wipe your stats. 2 million Medic healing ftl.

Considering my position has always been that Valve should just give everyone new weapons on each update with no preconditions, it's fine.

Wipe the stats, if anything.

Farm all you like :) . Just don't expect everyone to want to stop playing to help you as it is voluntary.

Not a big deal, just make sure to wipe your stats. 2 million Medic healing ftl.

Yeah I was mainly just helping people get achievements (not farming any) and screwed up my stats that way :/. I had to reset and lost my almost 900 hours of play time (343 on spy) and 19 backstabs in one life score :( .

Which ones are good if you use them?

I'm really liking the Gunboats and Equalizer. In spite of people seeming liking the Direct Hit it's not a must swap IMO. It is more powerful and harder to aim than the regular rocket launcher like Valve said. However the splash damage on the regular gun can hit multiple enemies much more often so it's not just a question of needing to be "better" to use it you give up something useful even if you are good. Basically if I am spamming groups of enemies at mid-range I find the regular launcher to still be good in all other cases (one on one, on enemies at a distance/close up, vs sgs, etc.) I'd use the Direct Hit.

I have no Demo weapons as yet so I will not comment. Although I am getting a sense on one thing that should be slightly nerfed. Demo/Soldier update discussion is here is you want more info http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34772&page=4 .

Last edited:
Pics or it didn't happen! :p

I took one of my my old stats before I reset here it is. I never messed up my spy stats so those are all accurate. I think I am only back up to 16 backstabs or so now :( . I also have a demo of me doing it although IDK if it will play as it is old.

Last edited:
I took one of my my old stats before I reset here it is. I never messed up my spy stats so those are all accurate. I think I am only back up to 16 backstabs or so now :( . I also have a demo of me doing it although IDK if it will play as it is old.

It looks like ur stats r missing d's.

Mecic, Solcier.:p

Last edited:
That was actually a bug on all the stats and even in-game, depending on resolution.

The update that went out recently breaks most achievement servers.

Fixed stats and achievements being tracked while using sv_cheats

Most achievement servers I have seen used bots. So people will actually have to cooperate with one another to farm them.

Another funny one is:

Fixed Spies being able to build dispensers

IMO Achievements are pointless. Imagine starting out and you get two shotted by a scout with a FAN. Or get axestenguished as a heavy. If your going to design a game like TF2 all players should have equal access to weaponry. Save the "veteran" rewards for bling like hats.

IMO Achievements are pointless. Imagine starting out and you get two shotted by a scout with a FAN. Or get axestenguished as a heavy. If your going to design a game like TF2 all players should have equal access to weaponry. Save the "veteran" rewards for bling like hats.
QFT.

I don't take issue with using standard servers (like ours) to farm achievements if everyone on the server is in agreement. There have been times we've had 5 or 6 players on after an update and those players worked together to score some easy achievements. It wouldn't work with a full 20 players, though.

so I do think achievement servers are cheating...
but probably not a banning offense. haha
Although... I have gone to an achievement server before. so I am not exactly a perfect soul.
Now I do see that they are pretty dumb. Most of the achievements can come just by playing the game normally.

Although, now that you get items based on random drops.... why do people still go to the achievement servers?

Although, now that you get items based on random drops.... why do people still go to the achievement servers?

The actual chances of receiving an item you actually want is comparable to winning the lotto and living it large for the rest of your life.

The BS achievements like: taunt killing, jumping and melee killing on the way down, killing 6 enemies after the game is done, etc are exceptionally hard without gaming the system. Nobody cares about the achievements: they want the new weapons so that they are at least on a level playing field with everyone else.

The achievements make about as much sense as running over a rocket launcher in quake and being unable to pick it up because you haven't picked up 1000 medpacks; yet then watching as someone runs behind you, picks it up and blows you up with one shot from it.

so i just learned about "achievement_idle" servers. apparently you just go there and they constantly will kill you over and over and you do not get kicked for doing nothing. And because you are killed over and over you will randomly get weapon drops.

Do these actually work?

Nobody cares about the achievements: they want the new weapons so that they are at least on a level playing field with everyone else.

when i see that, sometimes I am inclined to agree. If you have TF2, sometimes when you play and every soldier is using direct hit, or every spy is using the new pistol, or medic's medi gun / mele weapon. , etc. I understand wanting those weapons which it seems everyone uses.

Last edited:
so i just learned about "achievement_idle" servers. apparently you just go there and they constantly will kill you over and over and you do not get kicked for doing nothing. And because you are killed over and over you will randomly get weapon drops.

Do these actually work?

Considering that last time people got all of their items taken away I wouldn't risk it. It is trivial for valve to monitor what maps players use, when and where. Assuming otherwise is like saying a computer infected with a virus won't log keystrokes, look for stored passwords or join the computer into a botnet.

Back