Achievement bug

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Posted this on the official SC2 forums, but have yet to find a fix or workaround.
I completed all mission objectives in the mission Welcome to the Jungle (screenshot proof: http://yfrog.com/59screenshot2010073100092j ) without using cheat codes, but was not awarded the achievement.

I tried reloading the most recent save file, completed the mission again, and the game still failed to award the achievement. I tried loading the most recent save a second time (my third time completing the mission) and the game still refused to award the achievement.

I tried reconnecting to Battle.net and loading the save. Unfortunately, the achievement still didn't unlock. :(

But still good advice for others. It just didn't happen to work for me.

/bump

The game is not recognizing that I have completed the Welcome to the Jungle mission and that bug is now resulting in the game refusing to award the Liberty Completionist: Normal achievement. (Yes, I played on Normal the first time around so I could enjoy the story without having to retry missions.)

Further screenshot evidence:

http://yfrog.com/jdscreenshot2010081118244j

http://yfrog.com/0oscreenshot2010081118201j

http://yfrog.com/m9screenshot2010081118190j

http://yfrog.com/j3screenshot2010081118163j

I have tried re-loading a save file from the nearly completed Welcome to the Jungle mission and re-completed the mission four (4) times now. I have verified each time that I was connected to Battle.net before completing the primary mission objectives.

Seeing how this bug (or type of bug) was not addressed in the first two patches, is anyone aware of a workaround?
Thoughts?

You'll have to pay 10 dollars to unlock that achievement. It's a game feature, not a bug. /Activision

I think that is 1 of the problems when you have Online Achievements.

When you lose your connection, you lose the achievement.

I think the save game could be corrupted. You would have to beat the mission, all over again.

did u enter a cheat before on that save? that happeened to me, and i had to find a load point before i entered the cheat and then complete the level to get it. don't think this will help any but i'll throw it out there.

I think the save game could be corrupted. You would have to beat the mission, all over again.

I think they could have arranged the game in such a way that you could play it offline and get the achievement when you go online again.

I'm guessing that's what happened the first time. That's why I tried re-loading the save file and re-completing the mission four times. Still no go.

Which is what I did. And SC2 finally recognized that I finished the mission and awarded the achievement. If it was the final mission that had been glitched or the Blaze of Glory achievement that refused to register, I might have had to throw things at Blizzard until they patched the bug.

did u enter a cheat before on that save?
I don't even know what the cheat codes are.

I think they could have arranged the game in such a way that you could play it offline and get the achievement when you go online again.
That would be nice, yes.

What would be even better: Being able to play the campaign without logging into Battle.net. Srsly, Blizzard. Don't be surprised when people suspect Activision's holding the reins when you pull nonsense like that.

Just to play devil's advocate- with the way they wanted to do achievement points, they needed to make singleplayer online or else people could simply edit a file and have all the achievements. Although I'm not sure if that is actually a necessary component of the game, I haven't had any problems with it... yet

edit: although I do think we should be able to play skirmishes vs computers when our internet is out! (and the campaign, but with the knowledge that we wont earn achievements)

edit: although I do think we should be able to play skirmishes vs computers when our internet is out! (and the campaign, but with the knowledge that we wont earn achievements)
/agree

Just to play devil's advocate- with the way they wanted to do achievement points, they needed to make singleplayer online or else people could simply edit a file and have all the achievements. Although I'm not sure if that is actually a necessary component of the game, I haven't had any problems with it... yet

AFAIK you can play the campaign w/o achievements even if you can't connect to battle.net, so long as you've connected in the past month.

Back