About Psalm 11:5

jw203

Hi CGA, I have seen some other Christians use Psalm 11:5 to condemn first person shooter like COD. What is y'all opinion of this and do you think they are taking this passage out of context?

This probably should go in the "What does God say about. . ." subforum.

That being said, all kinds of justifications can be made for "violent" video games. All kinds of justification can be made for violence in real life. Ultimately, it boils down to us as sinners mercifully saved by grace. We are only right with God because of what Jesus Christ did for us, not because we do or don't play a certain video game. Not that I am advocating sinful behavior, because I am not. But when someone has to find an isolated Bible verse and extrapolate what it says in order to apply it to a video game then my thinking is that the Bible isn't exactly clear on that point.

This post is in the wrong section, however, to use that verse as justification for anything is misplaced. Except maybe for justification of living a righteous life.

There is a difference between simulated or "fake" violence and violence. To enjoy a video game that has "violence" in it is not to "love violence".

This post is in the wrong section, however, to use that verse as justification for anything is misplaced. Except maybe for justification of living a righteous life.

There is a difference between simulated or "fake" violence and violence. To enjoy a video game that has "violence" in it is not to "love violence".

Whoops, sorry about that, I'll repost this in the right section.

Back