Abortion

And what religion where those flat-earth believing Europeans?

The Vikings LONG knew that the world was a sphere - any sea going race would, because it's the only way of explaining how you see the sails of a ship before you see its hull!

And the rest of it... It just so happens that the molecules that make up man, and the dirt are all descended from a still earlier source - Stellar Hydrogen! Yet the Bible fails to point out that the SUN came before all else.

As for it holding the key to Eternal Life - I'm a fairly pragmatic guy, and I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. You bring me an Immortal, and I'll admit my error. How about you bring me someone even just from 2,000 years ago?

Eon

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]And what religion where those flat-earth believing Europeans?

And what religion were those mighty physicists, mathematicians, and chemists of the middle ages that gave you the life you're living today?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]The Vikings LONG knew that the world was a sphere - any sea going race would, because it's the only way of explaining how you see the sails of a ship before you see its hull!

Interesting bit of trivia there that I wasn't aware of, thanks!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]As for it holding the key to Eternal Life - I'm a fairly pragmatic guy, and I don't mind admitting when I'm wrong. You bring me an Immortal, and I'll admit my error. How about you bring me someone even just from 2,000 years ago?

I can bring ya someone that rose from the dead. Will He suffice?

Yes he will... When can I expect the pair of you - I'm willing to schedule a day off work, as I expect we'll have a lot of talking to do.

Eon

Except he's not in physical form, Tom...not on Earth: he's on Earth in Spirit, in Heaven in flesh (which is kinda backwards, now that I think about it).
Eon, Eon, Eon: what religion were those who founded your great England? Catholic right? I got some stuff against Catholicism, but whatever. Ol' wise Henry decides to say: "Screw you, Pope!" and makes himself Head of the English Church. Thanks to this wise man, Protestantism was able to enter your country, and their persecution led us from there to found America as a colony on God...wowza. Thanks a lot.
I'll tell you something, Eon. Before we give you a dead man walking: how about you give us PROOF that evolution is true? Give us the missing link. Remember, he HAS to come from Africa. Until then, you're screwed. Because the all-knowing Darwin said it has to. If not, then where are you at? The missing link comes from a Simidae family in the Old World: Darwin SAYS so. If Darwin's wrong, where's your faith? It's empty. As empty as you say Christianity is.
And to date, your faith remains empty. And unfulfilled. It's kinda saddening, actually. Almost pathetic.
Umm, I hate to bring this up, but there's this whole point of, you know, abiogenesis. Everything came from nothing. Where did this, umm, supposed stellar hydrogen come from? Nothing? Or did it condense from something, and then man came from that something? Because if so, that completely screws your faith over, again.
Ehh, I don't think we've ever been able to get close enough to the sun to actually carbon-14 test it...but once we do, I'll be satisfied with your thought that the sun is the oldest thing in the universe. According to my God, the sun came a bit after Earth and seas and vegtation were created.
By the way, how does one date the sun? The same way he dates evolution? You know, dating the fossils by the date of the rock they're found in, and dating the rock by the date of the fossils they're found in?
And, could you explain to me, in layman's terms, how exactly the sun came about by evolution's terms? ANd how about the rest of this freaking universe? Did the stars all evolve? And the planets? ANd all that? And so perfectly that we're not dead? Hrmm...Darwin said himself that the EYE is inconceivable to imagine evolving, and that's a fairly COMPLEX part of what is supposed to be a SIMPLE organism. I mean, come on, it's an eye! If Darwin can't even fathom the eye, how about the rest of the universe? Are we supposed to believe aliens evolved, too?

Agreed. Uh, kinda switching topics, I think evolution is a farce, as nothing can come out of nothing. Anyhow, I think life is sacred, and abortion is... bad, as it kills children! There's my $0.02. ...
tounge.gif

You....just opened yourself to immediate onslaught from evolutionists on this board dude. They won't hear you unless you got evidence (which is all around, but it's twisted to support evolution nonetheless).
So, basically, both sides are at an impasse. One says evolution's true (got no stuff to back it up), the other says God rocks and evolution's false (has Word, and stuff to back it up, but evolutionists dominate the globe and educational system of America, prime superpower of Earth, ergo, all creationists are fools).
So you're stuck. The only thing you can do is argue with science, facts, one being that evolution TO DATE has yet to provide a working missing link (especially one from Africa).
And on that note: what...were the Neanderthal's living ranges, again? Because, over there in the Middle East, a Cro-Magnon man and a Neanderthal skeleton were found near each other in two separate caves...now correct me if I'm wrong but Cro-Magnon was the latest man, and Neanderthal was somewhere up the line, and a few sedimentary layers as well....both were found on the surface? Strange. And yet, Africa remains silent. Arthur C. Clarke failed this time.

Ultima--actually from a scientific stand point neither evolution nor creation have the evidence to be declared true, due to the reasons that we cannot repeat nor have we truly observed either in action. Hence they both remain theories.

You know what happened last time I said evolution was a theory? I got bashed so fast, it wasn't even funny.
"EVOLUTION HAS A ****LOAD OF FACTS SUPPORTING IT! They put work into it! We have research, facts, examples, proof! Creationism has nothing!" Then I, calmly, reply: "Umm, evolution's examples have been disproven, and all your research has proven for nought, except wasting time, magazine space and money." "EVOLUTION HAS A LOAD OF STUFF TO BACK IT UP! THAT'S WHY IT'S A "SCIENTIFIC THEORY" NOT JUST A THEORY!"

Actually, a theory does not indicate a wild guess that scientists throw out.  People often have this definition in their heads when they hear this word.  That's not what a theory is.  The everyday use of the word and the scientific use are quite different.  Scientifically, the word means an explanation based on known fact and experimentation.  The theory of evolution therefore, is not something that some dude in a lab coat said because he thought it sounded good.  In everyday use, the word is associated with speculation and guesswork.

What else can you conclude about this?  Well, those people who say that evolution is "not just a theory, but a scientific one", or attack you for calling it a theory, have unintentionally proven that they really know little to nothing about science and the biology behind the theory and are simply ripping information they read in a book or saw on the Discovery Channel.  I personally encourage people to do some actual research and understand the workings and scientific explanations of any theory or scientific law before they sound off on a particular topic.  

Also, guys, if you're going to use big scientific words and phrases, ALWAYS ensure you understand the concepts. Using things like "the second law of thermodynamics" and "Newton's law of universal gravitation" and what-not in your arguments can make you sound like an authority on the topic, but you'll get whacked by someone who knows what they're talking about when you misuse or misunderstand scientific terminology.  I'm not making any accusations, I'm just giving everyone a heads up to research AND UNDERSTAND their topics before they slam in something that sounds sophisticated.

Oh too true Thomas.
I'll be sure to keep a tight reign on my tongue.
And yeah, I know a theory's not just something: you have to see it and THEN you make "scientific" assumptions based on what you see and what you work with.
Think about it: evolution was a theory proposed by Darwin, when he traveled about South American and Madagascar, observing traits in animals...and ripping off Blithe's theory on natural selection.
He had another theory, his own first-person views, and his own thoughts to keep him company...and this is what he came up with.

Actually, Darwin didn't come up with the thoery of evolution.  The ancient Greeks had it long before Darwin was even alive!

I can find no information about this "Blithe" that you speak of. Do you have a link?

Back