A Wii confession!! :)

devineministry

I know some of you will probably tell me I am insane, but I went to target and they have about 20 Wii's in stock (no mad rush or anything for them) there they were just sitting there. Well, you know I want one so bad, and I immidiately called my wife and said they had Wii's and would she mind if I purchased one at the spur of the moment. Of course she said no, but she felt that I needed to wait for a price drop since we all know that many systems drop in a year or so after release. Anyways, well I purchased it immidiately without any thought, but when I was walking out the door, I felt as if the Spirit was convicting me of spending 273 dollars on something that will only last a moment, when that money could be put to better use in missions and Gospel for Asia ministries which I am a recruiter for. Anyways, long story short I immidiately walked back into Target at returned the Wii....funny thing we went back tonight and they are still there a couple are gone but not many. Anyways, I am not saying those of you who have purchased ones are wrong in doing so....I just know that personally at the moment God wants me to use my money for other things, besides I got a wonderful baby daughter to tend to, and my Nintendo DS and GW keep me entertained enough with what little free time I have. LOL Just a small confession of how God showed me that I am so "selfish" sometimes.

I understand your convictions. I myself have 2 children, 2 1/2 and 1. Also my wife is a Stay at home Mom. So I am the only income. I know what it is like to want and not get. So many times I see people on these and other forums talking about getting stuff on release day and pre-buying and the general spending of much monies towards entertainment and immediate gratification. I know I used to do the same thing so I know what its like. But let me tell ya, your gonna wish you had all that money back when you start to raise a family and go through life together. Now for me its a huge treat just to buy myself lunch! Let alone drop $400 bucks on a new 360 or whatever. I'm not saying don't do it, but please think about the future!

1) Good decision on returning it! (and not only because I don't like the Wii lol it was a wise decision aside from that)
2) 20 WIIS?! THAT'S CRAZY!!

1) Good decision on returning it! (and not only because I don't like the Wii lol it was a wise decision aside from that)
2) 20 WIIS?! THAT'S CRAZY!!

Yeah I couldn't believe it either...and there was no MAD RUSH to buy them out either...wierd...even Walmart had about ten in there Electronics area this morning, when I went browsing on my break. Wierd very very wierd...I think I am in a wierd time warp where the Wii is disliked...dodododdodododo...:D Just kidding!!

But let me tell ya, your gonna wish you had all that money back when you start to raise a family and go through life together.

Heh, I'm kinda already in that boat. I look at all my xBox and GCN games and think, if I hadn't spend all that money, who could I have helped? And then I think about all the time I wasted, and wondered how much better I could have done in school. And then I realized I probably would have had 2 or 3 books written so far if I dedicated that time correctly...

... But there's no reason to dwell on the past!

Anyways, I am not saying those of you who have purchased ones are wrong in doing so....I just know that personally at the moment God wants me to use my money for other things
I believe we continually need to be evaluating our decisions based on an eternal perspective. There are a number of decisions with no clear "right" or "wrong" response, so we have to use common sense and godly wisdom to help us make those choices.

In your situation, you were convicted for spending the money on a game console. It probably wasn't easy for you to heed that conviction, but you did so.

I can only speak for my own situation, but my wife and I purchased a Wii primarily to play together. I do own one single-player game (Zelda: Twilight Princess, which was a gift from my best friend), but the rest (Wii Sports, Rayman: Raving Rabbids, and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves) are all multiplayer. We even decided to purchase and download Mario Kart 64 for the Virtual Console to play together.

There are many decisions with clear "right" or "wrong" choices; there's another set of decisions with obvious "wise" or "unwise" choices. But in cases where there's no obvious "best" choice, one should check his or her own motives. While I certainly don't believe that purchasing a game with the intent of using it to relax is wrong (obviously), if gaming is a distraction that is keeping you from serving the Lord, then you should put it down and focus on more important issues first.

I can only speak for my own situation, but my wife and I purchased a Wii primarily to play together.

I've got to say, that's awesome. It was the same for me and the 360. I got it to primarily play with my girlfriend when she's not off at college (because she's 10 hours away), and when I'm not either.

... and for Halo 3...

Back