A Weird Request

aka Ash

My wife is a casual gamer. We have a PS2 in our room and often times the two of us will play Dark Alliance:Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Champions of Norrath, Return to Arms (all 4 of these are co-op RPG games). She has beaten all the Spyro the dragons, Ractchet & Clanks, and Sly Coopers (except the newest one. Yet I haven't been able to convince her to play Guild Wars yet. We have 5 computers so that is not a problem. She also plays Magic the Gathering (our whole house does), so she likes the strategy. She is close to thinking about playing GW, but it would be awesome to have my wife and son both playing. Who knows I may even get a daughter or two on. Wouldn't that be awesome? God will grant the desires of our heart, and I have never asked him to get her to play with Gabe and I. So my silly hope and prayer is that she decides to play one day with us. Any suggestions on how to help convince her. She sees that Gabe and I belong to SoE and thinks that is cool...what next?

I suggest you get her to sit in with you one night that a bunch of SoE members are in teamspeak. This way she can get a feel for the camaraderie and fun that we have. I think if she got to talk to MM or one of our other women gamers, she'd be hooked.

hmm, maybe I should getting my wife interested again using this tactic. Not sure it will work though, she really didn't get into the RPG style game. Might just have to leave TS on speakers a little instead of headphones/headset.

Your welcome to barrow my login since i rarely play, it can play most of our popular builds. Allowing your wife to play with you would probably help. send a pm with your email and ill send the login.

My evil plot to corrupt my wife into the world of Guild Wars is almost complete. With a little luck I should have her "trying it out" shortly. Then it is just a matter of time...mwahahahaha...
:)

thanks for all the suggestions....they were great.

aka Ash said:
My evil plot to corrupt my wife into the world of Guild Wars is almost complete. With a little luck I should have her "trying it out" shortly. Then it is just a matter of time...mwahahahaha...
:)

thanks for all the suggestions....they were great.
ok so she plays GW and likes it a lot, what happens when she joins SoE or SOE and checks the forums... this forum...

Stc95 said:
ahhh but will everyone else keep a 'straight face'

LOL...I won't be able too. And my daughters will probably be playing on the same account...they are 15 & 16 year old spirit-filled Children of God. All that's left are my 2 youngest sons...but I told yhem they need to be at least 14 years old...and a little more mature. Obviously my nephew can't play GW...but he does play some Playstation games.now.sort of :) I so proud of the advancements he has made since we've gotten him.

aka Ash said:
I edit my posts:D
Yes, but you have exactly twenty-fours in which to do so. Then you have to bribe a mod to edit them for you! :D

And just imagine: Derk's wife, Ash's wife, Kel, me...we could take over whole TS channels!

MaidMirawyn said:
And just imagine: Derk's wife, Ash's wife, Kel, me...we could take over whole TS channels!
No because us guys will always be there to spoil your plans :p

Numerically tho you gals have us, but the percentage geeks is still in our favor.

MaidMirawyn said:
Yes, but you have exactly twenty-fours in which to do so. Then you have to bribe a mod to edit them for you! :D
Really? :confused: That bites.

MaidMirawyn said:

INVASION!!!!
Men, man your battlestations!
Ready...aim....FIRE!!

:D

She also plays Magic the Gathering (our whole house does), so she likes the strategy

ChickenSoup said:
I do too, unless you mean that online computer version (I have a few decks buried somewhere...)

I also play(ed) M:tG. I have a ton of cards, mostly old stuff (vintage/T1), but I've never tried the online version. I really didn't get the comparison of GW to Magic at first, but I can definately see it now, and I think it is one of the reasons why I like the game so much.

Never got into Magic, but I do have good collections of Star Wars CCG and Lord of the Rings TCG cards.

I would like to point out that I regularly hold my own against as many as ten or twelve guys. So, if we were all four online at once, we could keep up with nearly fifty of you. :D

But the real question: could you take on four of us? ;)

Back