A very simple request...

Glitch

So i've just recently moved to this new location... The move went pretty well. My only thing is that while i am here... it feels i left a lot behind. school is about to start for me over here, and for starters some of my credits didn't transfer thus i have to re-take some class' which is always a hassle... yet my problem in which i would like to lift up in prayer is as follows:

From the area i'm in, i have had a hard time finding two things...
first... good friends that are actually series about their own faith and it isn't just something in which they go to church to please their parents...
second... i pray for this alot, yet i am feeling i am just waiting for God... yet... i pray for a mentor in my life in which i can learn from and emulate... kinda a paul and barnabas... or paul and timothy type of relationship. i strive for that alot in my own life, just for someone to look up to and someone i can come to with questions i have concerning God's word... or even someone i could discuss God's word with and i would be able to absorb some of their own knowledge on certain passages....

So my prayer is just as simple as, i pray for great believers in which i can be surrounded in fellowship and accountability... and a mentor in my life.

I hope this is making sense... yet this is one of my deepest prayers in which i have been lifting up to God, and today... i've decided i don't have to pray alone... i've got some great CGA guys who would help me pray... so...

I thank you guys...

and God Bless,
Glitch.

Glitch, may God truly bless you and keep you safe and give you peace. I'm praying that God will truly put someone in your pathway that is truly a man or woman of God that will help guide you. I have always believed that God directs our pathways even though sometimes we don't choose the correct path but there is one thing for sure. God is down that pathway too. I don't know if you like praise and worship type services but I've found that these services can cause a spark in your spirit that passes all understanding.
Me personally, I love them but I've also found that whatever church service i go to. I go to worship my Lord and Savior with my whole heart and soul. I get so stirred up sometimes and shouting out loud the praises to the King just takes over. All you have to do is just open your mouth and give Him praise!!! no matter who hears.
love ya my Brother in Christ., CS

prayin for ya man, its always nice to have a mentor u cna look up to and ask about things, specially scripture.

i envy ya coldsteel, its nice to hear people shout praises in church.

Thank you guys. it means alot to here all you guys praying.

And Cold Steel, yes, i LOVE worship services. I'm not sure how much my new church will have them, from what i've heard my new church isn't to huge into "hardcore" worship... if you know what i mean. Everyone there is more conservative and you will see maybe one or two people raise there hands in the service... which will now change to 3 or 4 because of myself and my parents... but still... I do get to have private worship cessions when i can just be filled with God's spirit... and no matter where i am in life... they always seem to give me peace about ANY decision i have to make, because i know that God is behind me.
I personally can get very crazy when i worship. Whenever i'm filled with the holy spirit, i feel i want to get up and dance. I usually don't get to do that... but i do enjoy just praising God by raising my hands and just shouting out to him.

i was always too embarrased to raise my hands during worship, but when they rlly got into it u could feel the holy spirit flying thru the room.

our old church had a live band that played every sunday, played alot of songs u hear on the radio.

Sounds like you've really experienced the love of God through the spirit. I live in the country and if you ever get an opportunity to go to a spirit filled foot washing you should. I've been to about 5 over the years. It is truly an amazing thing. Just to be able to do something Jesus would do and has done. As a matter of fact it's one of his commandments. :)

John 13:4 He riseth from supper, and laid aside his garments; and took a towel, and girded himself.
John 13:5 After that he poureth water into a basin, and began to wash the disciples' feet, and to wipe them with the towel wherewith he was girded.
John 13:6 Then cometh he to Simon Peter: and Peter saith unto him, Lord, dost thou wash my feet?
John 13:7 Jesus answered and said unto him, What I do thou knowest not now; but thou shalt know hereafter.
John 13:8 Peter saith unto him, Thou shalt never wash my feet. Jesus answered him, If I wash thee not, thou hast no part with me.
John 13:9 Simon Peter saith unto him, Lord, not my feet only, but also my hands and my head.
John 13:10 Jesus saith to him, He that is washed needeth not save to wash his feet, but is clean every whit: and ye are clean, but not all.
John 13:11 For he knew who should betray him; therefore said he, Ye are not all clean.
John 13:12 So after he had washed their feet, and had taken his garments, and was set down again, he said unto them, Know ye what I have done to you?
John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
John 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet.
John 13:15 For I have given you an example, that ye should do as I have done to you.
John 13:16 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord; neither he that is sent greater than he that sent him.
John 13:17 If ye know these things, HAPPY are ye if ye do them.

Man I love the Lord. :) :)

Praying.

EDIT: I can sympathize with the sense of starting over since I just moved to a new city. I have no friends in the area, I don't know the streets that well, and I'm spending most of my waking hours trying to find a job. I miss the days when I could work, make money, and hang out with my friends on the weekends.

I can sympathize with the sense of starting over since I just moved to a new city. I have no friends in the area, I don't know the streets that well, and I'm spending most of my waking hours trying to find a job. I miss the days when I could work, make money, and hang out with my friends on the weekends.

ahhh, Tek... yes. you know what boat i'm in... besides teh job (which i have my own job of sorts... long story short... school for me does take up summer... so i'm just doing school now) i understand with ya. though you didn't request it... i will lift you up in prayers Tek, and thank you all for the prayers.

Back