• Liar

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lunatic

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Why does my presence here trouble you?
It doesn't.
Is it because I have asked questions that you can't answer?
No.
Personally, I don't believe that belief in any god is reasonable. You do. I'd like to know why.
No I don't - at least not to average secular humans.
If you were to accept that, then it would be possible for YOU to turn your back on your beliefs, and frankly that's a terrifying notion to many Christians.
Anything is possible - that doesn't scare me.
I'm sure you've read tons of conversion stories, right?
No.
How many deconversion stories have you read?
Enough.
I don't walk around the office with a big "A" on my chest
Just online then?

Why did you feel the need to post your previous thread.

What was it's point? Did I answer your questions definitively?

What do you mean be "enough"? If you look close at just a handful of deconversion stories, they all have the same theme running through them. Fear. I know this is so because I lived it.

Why do you think I walk around with an A on my chest here?

It seems there is something about me that upsets you and I want to know what it is.

Hehehehehe U nuts. You know Jesus existed and also he died per many many references but with that he promised! And what does the world promise hahaha like hehehe where is this world when I die. Yeh it rolls on like I never existed But I have a promise that with dedication, faith, and a fruitful spirit then I got it made, so savior OH YEH and healer and counsel and of course brother! So like here, there, anywhere bring it on oh lord. Just end this mess...

Wow...I'm a late comer to this discussion, but I am going to add my points.

1.) Nobody will ever be able to convince Dark Virtue of Jesus' divinity. Except for God himself.
2.) Many have tried, that's the best you can do.
3.) Jesus Is Lord.
4.) My own personal testimony won't change Dark's mind either (probably)...but I'm going to use it.

I have seen many miracles throughout my life as a christian. My son was cured of encephlitus in the time it took to get from the church to the hospital. (my wife just had to be sure...long story.), God speaks to me and shows me things, my 3 oldest children (8, 9, & 10 at the time) all recieved the holy ghost at the exact same time...to the second...fell out and began speaking in tongues, my pastors wife was cured of epilepsy, healings at the church, my sisters broken leg was mended overnight, etc.
Do I need to research other people's thoughts to know these things are real?
I don't think so.
Do I need to read other people's opinions on whether God speaks to me?
naw, probably not.
Can I change someone's mind through me witnessing and my testimony?
Maybe, but if a person doesn't want to believe, they wont' until it's too late. We tried. That's all God expects.

aka Ash said:
1.) Nobody will ever be able to convince Dark Virtue of Jesus' divinity. Except for God himself.
Sorry, I disagree with that so ummm... ...yeah. I believe atheists con change their mind it just takes a long time in most cases (Ever here of a guy called CS Lewis?)

Yes an athiest can change their mind and heart...agreed...but we will never change it for them. Not by getting rude, short, or annoyed by their position. It will only change through God's love. Our testimonies...witnessing to them...and them seeing our walk with Jesus. All of which are led by the Holy Spirit which dwells within us. Holy Spirit=God. Therefore by arguing and getting upset with DV won't make him say..."Wow...you are right, I am wrong, I think I'll go down to the river to be baptized." Only God can touch his heart and make him say "Wow...I was wrong, I NEED to go down to the river and get baptized." Yes you are right in the point that we have some influence, just as Tolkien did with Lewis, but in the end...it is God that will change him. There really is no way we can prove Jesus' divinity to him. The only reason we know it is because:
1.) God has affected our life in some way that we know he is real and, or
2.) through Faith.

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of the things which are visible." ~Hebrews 11:1-3

Ok, I still disagree somwhat. Are you saying if we just backed off than he would eventualy go and accept jesus without anyone's help? This reminds me of a discussion I had in a 'sunday school' class. We were talking about if a person (Or even a group of persons) was stranded on an Island, without knowing that there even is such a religion as christianity. Would that person all-of-a-sudden out of nowhere, just wake up one day and say "Thats it!"? According to your logic the above story is possible.

Back