a new diet

Shyfroggy

For those of you who don't know, babo and I are expecting a little boy the beginning of July.......

This pregnancy has been going pretty good......Doctors had some concern with high blood pressure, but after testing they determined that my blood pressure problems come directly from having to go to the doctor......

I had to do the glucose tolerance test which tests for gestational diabetes....the one hour test came back elevated so I had to go for the three hour test.....I did that on Wednesday of this week, and I went to the doctor today to find out that those numbers were elevated too....the thing about the three hour test is that it is more accurate because you have to fast for it.....I got the results today......the numbers should have been 90, 100, 100, 90....my numbers were 103, 113, 215, 219....so what does that mean?

Well for one it means a whole new diet...not one that looks very good but i guess it could be worse....it also means that I have to fast again monday night and go in tuesday, have my finger pricked, eat breakfast and have my finger pricked again.....if my numbers remain high, having been eating the diet they suggest it will mean the diet and medication......

so......i guess prayers would be greatly appreciated....babo is also going to embark on this new diet with me:)

praying for ya, i know there can be some difficult stuff with diets so stay strong

Back