A move half way across the US!...and lovin' it:)

Marcylene

Hi everyone! Life has been busy and many changes have been made. My new husband and I are living in Everett, Washington now; he is an avid gaming fan. I was wondering if anyone is in the area. I know that God's Peon is not too far off. You and your family are invited to dinner anytime! Just say when and tell me what you guys like to eat! The husband chimes in, "Please bring your game and gaming console, we left all behind in Texas."
Wifey says, "He is out of control jonesing for gaming and gaming friends!" In addition, your games will look great on our Sony Bravia gaming television!
Ya'll come,
In His Love,
Marcylene

Last edited:
haha, awesome, im in pullman washington on the eastern side of the state, you guys should visit sometime, its a great college town. congratz on 1500 posts btw

There should be a list of the highest post counts in CGA.

And while i dont live in Washington.. i am two states south of you. PST FTW!
Glad to hear that you guys are having fun too.

It is crazy beautiful here. We are downtown and the Lord has blessed us with a small, but very affordable place for this area. We have a view of Puget Sound, only three blocks away, with the Naval Ship Port, to boot! And the Olympic mountains can be seen on most days that aren't completely cloudy. I have always dreamed of living on a beach or near mountains and we have the best of both worlds...I can't imagine how beautiful Heaven must be! We have done a lot of hiking in the area, first on mountains for the both of us.
I would love to come and see the East side. I hear you guys get the heat over there! If you ever want to come visit us, just say the word. Like I said, Richard is having game withdrawals, so be ready to spend your day as such:)
We want to do the two states away thaaaaaaaaaaaaaang, too! On the Texas coast you get only marshland if you try to travel the coast, with one highway ending on the beach somewhere in there:) I think that kind of drive on the Cali coast is the most beautiful. We need to see Oregon, too!
I used to work as a motel manager, one of the owner's said that San Fransisco was his favorite place in all the world, meaning much coming from him as a world traveler! My daughter and her fiancée' are wanting to move there, somewhere south.
Thank you guys on the congrats! The majority of those posts came from the Religious Discussion debating and assisting in debating DV! I miss it!
<3

Last edited:
haha, i use to live on bainbridge island and i spend alot of time in bremerton so i'll definitly have to visit sometime too. if you ever have any questions about living in WA just let me know, 16 years in the same u kinda get to know it :D . and yeah the summers in eastern washington can get upto 105, sometimes hotter depending on what area your at

Baiinbridge, Bainbridge...I think they were voted as one of the best places to live in the US! I can see Whidbey Island from my window here. I am spoiled, however, in Texas you don't pay for the ferries, here ShaZAMMMMMMMMMm! Things are expensive! We will just enjoy the view from the window! lol

I would like to know some more great places to see! What has been your favorite places? Mine so far would have to be part of Cascade mountains. My husband scared me to death by going down a road posted as closed. We spent the night there in the woods with all sorts of scary noises! At daybreak we found the most beautiful waterfall and stream. The husband thinks it was on Mountain View Loop. The area that we hiked down to was on Mount Sloan...oh, man! Gorgeous!

Snoqualmie Falls was really great, too! It was much easier getting down to the Falls than the return trip!
Ohhhhhhhh, Mount Rainer was a great place, too! MUST start carrying a camera! It's just that when I do, the hubby usually doesn't want to stop for pics. Destination, destination, destination...is that a guy thing?

...Oh, Mount Erie was great, too! Ohhh, ohhh, ohhh, Deception Pass. (the bridge is a bit shaky and scary)! ..it's all so wonderfully beautiful here!!! Oh, Seattle and then there was Pikes Place Market...

All are welcome to visit, anytime!

haha pikes place is a fun place to any first timers. LAke chelan, winthrop, north cascade park, going east along that track is really nice too. Cour' de lane in idaho (like 8miles east of the border) is also an amazing location. And dont believe everything you hear about bainbridge lol. If you have the cash to throw around and your willing to throw away nearly all morals, its a great place to live lol. if your able to, port ludlow, port towsend, port angeles have nice areas to visit too. next time i head home i'll have to see about making some stops along the way to visit or maybe we can all meet up at ivors or something, that would be awesome.

Awe, Everett... Me and my wife are in Redmond, about 45 minutes south of your guys. I did some work in Everett, Nice place up there.

It's great to see you back here. You have been sorely missed.

I think there are a couple members of GFC in that area of the country, but they would have to post where they are in relation to you. (I can't even find my was around Washington DC and I live near there, let alone Washington state :) )

Here is also a quick update on some new developments with HCS and me

Gen Update

Not that close, drove through your new place last May (May 2007). I live in Calgary, about a day and a half drive away.

I did hear Bainbridge was one of the most expensive places, too! I can't wait to see it ALL! I have heard that you can pay for a Park Rangers guide and this allows you to go to some out of the way, and sometimes secluded spots. This is so different from Texas, so much to see in nature, and you don't have to cook at 100 degrees plus!

I have yet to go to Ivar's, Atown! We did go to Skippers, I think. Personally, I super, duper miss Long John Silvers and I'm really not sure how I can live without Chick-Fil-A!

We would love to meet up. If your ready for a home cooked meal, I can do that, too. Sometimes we go through periods where we aren't on the computer, or I submit, reverence, defer, hmmmmm lol to the hubby and he gets the 'puter! However, if I haven't signed in here, my email and myspace are listed in my profile here.

Sheesh! Now you guys have me looking at post count! You must be #1, Atown!

Inkelis, you and your wife are invited, too! Anytime! I was thinking at one time there were many CGA members in this area. It must have been Atown that was wanting the convention to be in this area.
We have been to Redmond on job searches and then decided after traffic jams, we'll work close to home:) It was the husbands idea to be downtown and I have really grown to love it.

Awwwww, thank you, Gen. You truly are the most gracious lady! xxxoooxxx

CONGRATULATIONS! MORE XXX OOOO XXXXX! aWWWW! God is so good! I LOVE the name Chloe! Now for the common million questions! Mostly, When? I bet your little girl is thrilled to death! So sweet! You and Hes are truly blessed, Hes outnumbered, but blessed, no less! lol I can't say it enough, congratulations! I love baby's all the time, but my first grandbabyangel girl was born last Wednesday. Just holding her makes all seem right with the world!

I was used to Texas and its grid mapping. My inner compass just won't seem to give me direction here. Even after being told this is south of that, then how come in the parking lot you're due north? pheew! All the signs of being a blonde (eew, this message spell check is trying to meke me feel blonde by saying that is not the way to spell it!) without the perks:( lol

A day and a half away, GP? Yikes! I consider myself a good cook, but not all that great! lol Even if your precious wife could only boil water, that's a looooong trip! I won't rest until I get to set foot in Canada, but I was thinking just crossing the border would be good! You get all the snow there, too, hugh? We are in a convergence zone here. My daughter will get snow just 19 minutes south of me, with nary a flake here.

Thank you so much for the warm wishes. Chloe is due at the end of June, but given the stubborn streak she is already showing, I am thinking that July will probably be a better bet. Everyone here is extremely excited and HCS doesn't mind being the only male in the house (for now)

When I went to Seattle (many many many years ago) for vacation, we took a ferry to Victoria BC for a day. It was so beautiful there. The trip up to Canada was great and I enjoyed seeing my little piece of Canada. I used to live about 5 hours from Niagara, but still haven't visited there either.

Congrats on your Granddaughter. I am sure you are not going to spoiler her in the slightest. :D

Gen

Hi everyone! Life has been busy and many changes have been made. My new husband and I are living in Everett, Washington now;

*cry* I wish i was still living there...

Sorry to who ever lives on the East coast, but...

THE WEST COAST IS SO MUCH BETTER!!!

Everyone here is extremely excited and HCS doesn't mind being the only male in the house (for now)
Aaaaaaaaaaaahhhh, I see boys in the future?

This is the youngest daughter's second and last! I am not certain why. I was praying at her door at the hospital on her second push! If you notice the baby's face is a bit bruised. It only took 2 pushes! lol I know, tmi, but I still stand amazed!

I can hardly wait to see Canada. I think we are trying to wait towards the end of summer, instead of staying in the "heat" of 92 degrees here! I cannot believe how fast you can get acclimated to the weather, we have both felt 105 degrees before! It's funny how they complain of the heat here!

Spoiling the grandbabyangel? lol Her brother is 5 and has wanted me to be all eyes on him. Seriously, never looking away, more especially while he plays Spiderman and Sonic!

Glitch, where are you now? It is beautiful here! Even with all the rain, the pristine days remind me why we endure the rain. I can hardly wait to start planting and put the green thumb to work!

There were so many people that used to post in Religious Discussion, where are they now?

Hope you guys have a Very Happy Easter! I get to experience my first newlywed one:) It will be the BESTEST EVER!!!

I believe ACE lives nearby and so does Ewoksrules too. we should get a mini-cga convention going or just all meet at pax ^_^

Back