A Funny Thing Happened at the Office...

Dark Virtue

There I was sitting at my desk studying my training manual when this very nice lady came up to me. She noticed I was new and started up a brief conversation about the company and little chit chat.

Then she handed me her card and under her name was her position...CHAPLAIN. I just smiled and threw the card away when she left.

I thought you guys would get a kick out of that story.
smile.gif

LOL. See, Marcylene was right...God is trying to get your attention. And you thought God was not as present now as in OT times
tounge.gif

LOL  Well, my prediction was a bit off, not to be rude, but did she look like a dog?  Or in the very least, sid she have a striking resemblence to Bowser our wonder/witnessing/catlovin' dog?
*see Dilemma post! *
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

May God bless you richly on the new job!
Congratulations!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Our company contracts out several chaplains and she was making her scheduled rounds.

I just caught this..you work for a company that contracts out several chaplains? And you spend time on a Christian forum? Maybe since Bowser was not around as much, He decided to find another means
smile.gif

Oh Bowser's still around causing quite a ruckus trying to break into the house.

He's also turned into quite a little thief, as my daughter saw him walk into someone's open garage and come out a little later with a stuffed cat.

Coincidence people, it's simply a coincidence.

I have noticed a trend lately. People that respond to my posts are starting to throw in (NO, I DON'T HAVE PROOF!)

That should tell you something about your beliefs.

<edited for content>

If we had proof of everything it would be muchless of a choice to become a christian, and more of an obvious necessity. God had supplied what he knows will suffice for those who are Christians. You deny the most common revelation of God. The only necessary proof of God is the Earth

Well, according to you, proof is subjective. Some people require more of it to believe in God. You, obviously, have reached your threshhold of belief. I have not.

The earth may be enough of a proof for you, but not for everybody. Some people see things differently. I don't look at the earth and see INTELLIGENT DESIGN written all over it.

I also disagree that REAL SOLID proof of God would infringe on Free Will. God was present to the Israelites as He helped them leave Egypt, right? How many of those people rejected Him and didn't make it to the promised land? All but a handful, right? What happens 1,000 years after Christ's reign here on earth? Satan will be loosed to deceive man again. These men have been living under Christ for ONE THOUSAND YEARS and they will still reject him. So please, in light of all this, tell me how God proving His existence of the world infringes on Free Will?

What kind of God would he be, if he followed YOUR schedule?
tounge.gif
As well as everyone else's?

add AGAIN: remember that verse i picked out of first corinthians? the truth seems foolish to other people?

Dark Virtue: He keeps an epistemic distance, I'm sure you're familiar with that concept and ready to refute it.

It doesn't matter the very thing the Bible says you need to know God, DV refutes. So Its a moot point. And besides DV doesn't believe the bible to many contridictions for him.
biggrin.gif

Lets get a decent christain discussion going!

Back