A fresh start

Who should my main raider be in Cataclysm?

• Redletters - Paladin - Prot/Prot

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • Flamethrower - Mage - Fire/Arcane

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Attarius - Shaman - Enhancement

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other - (Priest, Druid, Rogue could be 80 by release)

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters

Flamethrøwer

Well - with 4.0 on the PTR, the time has come for me to make a decision. Who will my main be? My current main raider, a prot paladin, will be undergoing severe changes including switching from mana to holy power. New mechanics and playstyle coming for the paladin along with new talent trees and abilities for all classes make this a perfect time to make the switch to a new main for Cataclysm. I've listed my current 80's (except for my DK) and their spec(s). Vote for who you think I should use as my raider in Cataclysm!

Hmm... DK is my choice, but for you, maybe something like a hunter that you can faceroll...lol j/k

I really have no clue. I will personally try to keep my DK as my main since he has been the most fun for me to play. Mage is fun, too, but gotta love warlocks as they are a blast, also. Tree is just close minded when it gets pasts shammies, but at least he can play one quite well! Maybe I should level my shammy...

I think you should level your paladin. I think with all the change it'll be the most fun... Or a hunter since our change is a little more radicle.

The change from mana to energy? or whatever its called

Ah yah Focus. Thats what its called, So i guess it could restrict you a little to your shot rotation. It will be interesting to see how well it works out, and what kind of DPS hunters will be able to put out now, with their Focus being something that regenerates like energy.

I know on my druid in cat it restricst me quite a bit with the energy having to replentish. I've got a few things to make my attacks use less energy, and tigers fury or whatever its called gives me 70 energy back when i use it. So that works out nicely. But other than that its usually my white hits that are on top of my damage.

And I also love how no1 has voted for Flame to lvl his mage. lol

And I also love how no1 has voted for Flame to lvl his mage. lol

I know lol. I like to think it's because I'm good at the other classes, but... maybe I'm just a fail mage. :(

There - I gave him a vote so he wouldn't feel too bad.

Last edited:
Yup no more mana. Basically everything to do with a hunter is getting reworked. All melee abilities are getting removed. Pets will give buffs to fill in missing classes. They're trying to make us a "ranged" only class. They don't want us using melée weapons.... Period.

Back