A Concern

skvsr

This is an open letter to those of us who frequent this forum. Read it while it is hot, cause it may not be here long! /chuckle

I realize, as a human organization, this guild is not perfect and has some difficulties. I have had some struggles over it and have had to work through a couple of issues. I have noticed that some critical posts have been removed from this section of the forum and someone told me one in particular is now in an "officer's" section which is not available to anyone who is not an officer. It is a good idea for them to have a private discussion area. Apparently, this post caused some concern to get moved to an area of officer discussion and I am glad it did.

However, the post brought up some points that come partly from misunderstanding and from some valid observations. In reading it, I realized I was as guilty as others in many things. For instance, when I am busy in gaming, I often do not notice guild chat at all. The only way to get my attention is to /w me so I am notified via an audio warning. I am sorry I may have ignored some of you. I am not trying to be an elitist, much less ignoring someone.

I also understand that there are circles of friends that like to do stuff together. I understand that there are those with whom my personality does not mesh. And that is ok! Sometimes I wish for some special attention that I do not get. I am probably not alone in that. I do not even necessarily like some of the raiding guidelines we follow. To me none of that is offensive enough to drive me away. It may become a sticky point with some, and that is alright because if an officer is approached with it, it will be discussed and an answer brought back.

I just wish to warn each of us to be careful not to present an elitist impression. There are some elites among us, but one thing that makes them so is their humility. Many among us are far better than what we want to admit or even think so little of our skills and knowledge that we do not consider ourselves to be an authority worth answering. Now for my part, I am far from elite and often too mouthy, but I am willing to do what I can to help out! Then again, there are times I just want to be left alone. Let us be careful that we do not allow our good works to be spoken about evilly. Let's not taint what we do good with something bad. Let us continue to follow the exhortation of 1 John 4:7-8: "Beloved, let us love one another for love is of God, and everyone that loves is born of God and knows God. He that loves not, knows not God for God is love." I know I am at times hard to love, but "with God all things are possible."

In summary, guard against not interacting with others. Some of us, for reasons like insecurity or loneliness, come to the game for a positive source of interaction. Let's be careful that we are a positive source, building each other up well enough that it spills over into real life, not because of WoW, but because the love of Christ which wants to emanate from each of us. Remember, love overcomes much.

In regards to the earlier post you refer to Sam, I want to remind folks of one of the terms of membership on these forums, I've posted it before but here it is again:
11. Any forum member who posts complaints without first trying to resolve the matter privately will have his or her thread locked and/or deleted and possibly receive a warning or temporary ban. Added by Tek7 Dec. 10, 2005

These forums will hopefully be a place for uplifting fellowship for us all, and conflicts need to be resolved by following the Biblical model of conflict resolution. As a forum moderator, I 'moderate' the forums and use my best judgement as to when a post needs removed. In the case of the post, the threads you refer to Sam I made the decision to moderate them. Now you'all don't need to be nosy about things cause that can turn to gossip, so move along and trust that those involved in the situation are working with officers. Just pray that the Lord will work through those in leadership, remember we all make mistakes, we all stumble, none of us are perfect not a one but the Lord, k?

Here are some good things instead for those concerned to mediate on:
Here are some foundational scriptures for Biblical conflict resolution:

Psalms 34:14
Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

Proverbs 14:29
People with understanding control their anger; a hot temper shows great foolishness.

Proverbs 17:14
Starting a quarrel is like opening a floodgate, so stop before a dispute breaks out.

Isaiah 9:6
For a child is born to us, a son is given to us. The government will rest on his shoulders. And he will be called: Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Isaiah 32:17
And this righteousness will bring peace. Yes, it will bring quietness and confidence forever.

Matthew 5:1-9
One day as he saw the crowds gathering, Jesus went up on the mountainside and sat down. His disciples gathered around him, 2 and he began to teach them.

“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs.

God blesses those who mourn,for they will be comforted.

God blesses those who are humble,for they will inherit the whole earth.

God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice,for they will be satisfied.

God blesses those who are merciful,for they will be shown mercy.

God blesses those whose hearts are pure,for they will see God.

God blesses those who work for peace,for they will be called the children of God."

Matthew 5:43-48
“You have heard the law that says, ‘Love your neighbor’ and hate your enemy. But I say, love your enemies! Pray for those who persecute you! In that way, you will be acting as true children of your Father in heaven. For he gives his sunlight to both the evil and the good, and he sends rain on the just and the unjust alike.

If you love only those who love you, what reward is there for that? Even corrupt tax collectors do that much. If you are kind only to your friends, how are you different from anyone else? Even pagans do that. But you are to be perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect.

Matthew 18:15-20
“If another believer sins against you, go privately and point out the offense. If the other person listens and confesses it, you have won that person back. But if you are unsuccessful, take one or two others with you and go back again, so that everything you say may be confirmed by two or three witnesses.

If the person still refuses to listen, take your case to the church. Then if he or she won’t accept the church’s decision, treat that person as a pagan or a corrupt tax collector.

“I tell you the truth, whatever you forbid on earth will be forbidden in heaven, and whatever you permit on earth will be permitted in heaven.

“I also tell you this: If two of you agree here on earth concerning anything you ask, my Father in heaven will do it for you. For where two or three gather together as my followers, I am there among them.”

Luke 17:3-4
“If another believer sins, rebuke that person; then if there is repentance, forgive.

Romans 12:14-19
Bless those who persecute you. Don’t curse them; pray that God will bless them. Be happy with those who are happy, and weep with those who weep. Live in harmony with each other. Don’t be too proud to enjoy the company of ordinary people. And don’t think you know it all!

Never pay back evil with more evil. Do things in such a way that everyone can see you are honorable. Do all that you can to live in peace with everyone.

Dear friends, never take revenge. Leave that to the righteous anger of God. For the Scriptures say,

"I will take revenge; I will pay them back," says the Lord.

Romans 14:19 (ESV)
19So then let us pursue what makes for peace and for mutual upbuilding.

Ephesians 4:26
Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger...

Ephesians 4:31-5:2
Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.

Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

I Thessalonians 5:11-15
So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Dear brothers and sisters, honor those who are your leaders in the Lord’s work. They work hard among you and give you spiritual guidance. Show them great respect and wholehearted love because of their work. And live peacefully with each other.

Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.

See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.

James 3:18
And those who are peacemakers will plant seeds of peace and reap a harvest of righteousness.

I Peter 3:8-11
Finally, all of you should be of one mind. Sympathize with each other. Love each other as brothers and sisters. Be tenderhearted, and keep a humble attitude. Don’t repay evil for evil. Don’t retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it. For the Scriptures say,

“If you want to enjoy life and see many happy days, keep your tongue from speaking evil and your lips from telling lies. Turn away from evil and do good. Search for peace, and work to maintain it.

Last edited:
I thought about asking what this was about but Goodwone's post reminded me of this .

Proverbs 26:17
Like one who takes a dog by the ears
Is he who passes by and meddles with strife not belonging to him.

I too am bad about not reading guild chat at times though.

WOOT! AMEN Goodwone!

What I wrote I hope was perceived along that line. And I have agreed with your moderation. And I encouraged those with a problem to seek out the leadership! I also encouraged us to continue in love - and recognized that I am even hard to love at times. There is not a single disagreement that you and I have in what we posted. It is a concern of mine because ... well - I love y'all!

Last edited:
WOOT! AMEN Goodwone!

What I wrote I hope was perceived along that line. And I have agreed with your moderation. And I encouraged those with a problem to seek out the leadership! I also encouraged us to continue in love - and recognized that I am even hard to love at times. There is not a single disagreement that you and I have in what we posted. It is a concern of mine because ... well - I love y'all!

sam, your post was an encouragement, thanks. we should all be aware of those hurting, or lonely, or new in the guild and reach out. thanks for the encouragment!

Sam, you couldn't bother a fly....er...don't think that' show the saying goes...

You're such a wonderful encourager Sam :) Everyone, sure, is guilty of missing g-chat sometimes but on the flip-side people shouldn't hold such expectations that may not be met..they only set themselves up for getting upset and disappointed. Usually not enough time is allowed before someone becomes upset about non-interaction....I encourage those who may be feeling that way to just jump in an say hello! Start a random convo in chat...i guarantee at least Gala will chime in ;)

I know for a fact that I've accidentally ignored people, even whispers! As many of you know, I have a bad /afk habit. Just so you know, I've never ignored anyone on purpose. If I see your message, I respond to it. If I don't, it's because I'm afk - I promise!

I've noticed also that vent is busy, busy with a lot logged on there, if you feel lonely, hop on vent.

to have a friend, be a friend, think of others before yourself.

i here there is some wierd galagala island now in vent where some strange adventures occur.....

Yeah i like to talk... A LOT! haha but ive cut down on guild spam which ill start picking up a bit more so we dont have silence in chat and to help welcome new people!
But i am almost always in vent if im online so just hop in! especially in gala gala island (coolest channel ever!)
In all honestly though if anyone needs any help with stuff in game or even a noob to talk to id be more then willing to help!

Back