4.2 T11 Raids Nerfed

Dasavur

The nerfing on these raids are ridiculous and people will be able to raid before they even do troll heroics with all of these nerfs, add these to the fact that all T11 gear will be bought with JP which has no weekly cap will mean that people could be geared for firelands within the first day or 2 of 4.2 being out even if they start in greens. Here are the patch notes and nerfs for all encounters for everyone to see.

4.2 T11 Raids Nerfed

If Ben's group already has 10 bosses on farm, we could knock through every single boss in one night with these nerfs.

I wouldn't get too excited. Even with the buff vice nerf in ICC it still took awhile for folks to down LK. That was with a 30% buff. Learning the mechanics of the fight is key. Yes eventually in ICC healers could heal through "mistakes" or otherwise sloppy play when folks "ignored" mechanics. Even with the buff there were some mechanics that could still wipe you on a boss.

Making content more accessible is a good thing in my opinion, and won't decry "nerfs" to content. It will be fun to get through the T11 raids as a guild. Ben's group has done a great job progressing through the current content, and I expect they'll continue to do so in T12 content. It will be nice to see the bosses in a more forgiving environment and round out gear going into Firelands. Yes I hope our raid gets through more bosses before the nerf...we'll see how it goes.

Some of these "nerfs" make these fights really easy, Other parts of these "nerf" will make some of these fights harder. Take Mal for instance, we already have to stop DPS long before the second green phase to do it right, with a 20% health reduction, it means that we might have to have 2 people killing the adds after the first green phase so that we don't phase to fast... all of this just makes content easier for people to see.

I don't like raid boss nerfs, but I understand why blizz does it. and they have been doing it for the last couple years, so it's nothing new.

Is there no cap on JP's though? If there isn't then wouldn't it just make sense to spam heroic non-troll instances and purchase the optimized set per class when 4.2 hits? I really thought they capped JP's just like VP's...

I don't like raid boss nerfs, but I understand why blizz does it. and they have been doing it for the last couple years, so it's nothing new.

This.

Their stated goal has been to allow more people to see the content they spend so much time on. They know the side on which their bread is buttered.

Well by the time these changes come through, Ben's group will be working heavily on hard modes so i'm not to worried about it. Let people have there 359, we will be wearing 372 coming into firelands!

Last edited:
Back