3dmark03

CCGR

I'm ashamed to post my score 1279..I wonder if memory makes a big difference I'm at 512MB instead of 768 now.
sad.gif

2824. My CPU scorce deflated it. I hit 0 FPS more than once in that troll test. Bear in mind, you need 128 MB on your card to crank out good numbers.

Relavent specs.

1333 mhz Thunderbird
512 MB SDRAM
Radeon 9700 128 MB

I got 971 on mine.  I have a Athlon 2000+, 512MB RAM and Geforce3 64mb.  And ccgr about the ram, ram is not a very big factor in 3dmark since 3dmark is aimed at mostly testing the video card alone, it might make a slight difference but the power of your video card is what really matters.  Oh and btw, my friend got a grand total of 8 3dmarks when he ran it.  Yes, 8 as in eight.  He has a 2100+ athlonXp and 512 mb ram.  As you can see his video card is hardly a video card.  He has a Radeon 7500 64mb.  I never knew they were that bad hehe.

I think my video cards will get low self-esteem if I run it.
biggrin.gif

I have the original Radeon in one machine, and GF2Mx in the other.

3D Mark doesn't JUST do the video card, it is effected by other factors. Type of RAM is a MAJOR factor! Take a look at DDR and SDR scores! As for amount? I think having more RAM free may improve the score at least a little, but I've never compared my system with more and less, so I can't say for sure. Although I don't think it'll fill u[ your 512 that is avaliable Cheryl.

it's funny because my husband with 768MB RAMs cored worse than me 1219. He has a 266 chipset wheras I haver the 266A. Other than that our systems are identical.

266A is a better chipset, so that would probably be the case. As I said, 512 megs of RAM, even if you're running XP, shouldn't be filled by 3D Mark 03. I might be wrong, but I doubt it.

OMG you got a screen shot? Tell him to grab a screen shot and I'll send it to [H]ard|OCP! What does he have in his system?

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh and btw, my friend got a grand total of 8 3dmarks when he ran it. Yes, 8 as in eight. He has a 2100+ athlonXp and 512 mb ram. As you can see his video card is hardly a video card. He has a Radeon 7500 64mb. I never knew they were that bad hehe.

8 Points with that? That sounds a bit low lol. Tell him to benchmark it again and send over a screen shot!

First of all, my computer was only able to run the plane combat test and the two fill rate tests. Sad, eh?

I ran the tests at 1024x768, No Pixel processing, optimal texture filtering, max anitstrophy = 1,, on a 1333MHz AMD, Windows XP, 512MB RAM and a 32MB AGP Quadro2 MXR/EX.

My score on only those 3 tests.......138!!!!!

Hopefully getting a nVIDIA GeForce 4 4200 128MB card should boost my score, what do you think?

-Tommy

Also, at 800x600, I got a 160 and at 640x480 I got a 176...but it wasn't as pretty as the other 2 resolutions.

-Tommy

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Hopefully getting a nVIDIA GeForce 4 4200 128MB card should boost my score, what do you think?

4200 is an overpriced card right now. You can get more for less with other cards.

I changed my order at the last minute, and requested a GeForce4 ti 4600 rather than a Radeon 9000. I'm looking forward to running the benchmark on it.

Back