1st Anniversary Fireworks

Aleron

Eh?
December 20th marks the 1st Anniversary of the official launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™! To thank our community for their continued support throughout this memorable first year, we’re happy to announce that all players with a valid Star Wars: The Old Republic account as of December 10th, 11:59PM CST will receive 25 complimentary stacks of faction-based fireworks! Fireworks will be delivered via in-game mail on December 11, 2012 to all qualifying players.
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121203

Got my fireworks today. I am also pleased that they decided to recognize the holiday (they haven't been doing any real holiday special events) by including Life Day (appropriate SciFi name for Christmas) Cartel Pack which includes a bunch of neat stuff including a "Life Day" Tree and a special speeder with Christmas Lights on it. The big bummer is the price tag, the pack costs 1800 cartel coins. I bet you will be able to buy the stuff on the GM tho.

Is there a list of what's contained in the Cartel Pack? I'll probably check to see what the tree and speeder are costing on the GTN before spending coins on the Pack.

Ok I wrote down all the items and their prices

Life Day Bundle 2,400 CC
  • Life Day Orb - 60 CC
  • Life Day Holo Tree - 600
  • Tinsel Bomb - 300
  • LD-1 Celebrator Mount (without level 1 piloting) - 1800 (includs piloting when purchased on its own)
  • Life Day Vestments, Lower Robe and Boots - 960

They have also included Level 7 ship upgrades. You can get a Defensive Pack, Offensive Pack, and a Tactical Pack.

I checked on my Imp character and the only thing in the galactic market was the clothing and it started at $150k.

/I really need more cartel coins. :(

Last edited:
Just discovered something else interesting. Both of my level 50s got an item in the mail today, it was a codex entry for high level gear. Basically, it explained that since your level is maxed out the way to advance your character was by earning commendations in war zones etc. Then when I went to fleet I found a quest completion triangle over the Tionese equipment vender. When I started a conversation with the vendor I received 99 commendations which is enough to buy a full set of armor and one weapon. So both my characters are much better equipped than they were before and my Knight is better prepared for his final boss fight. This is new unless I really missed something when my Marauder hit 50.

Interesting. I didn't get anything in the mail. Maybe you had to have done at least one war zone? This must be new.

Found it! You have to use the Group Finder. I've done a few FP via group finder on all my high level toons.

http://dulfy.net/2012/11/20/swtor-patch-1-6-advanced-gear-and-introduction-to-group-finder-missions/

Hmmm... seems to indicate that you get the Advanced Gear Mission automatically when you hit 50?

The Advanced Gear Mission is received in the mail when you reach level 50 while the Introduction to Group Finder can be either picked up from the mail (needs to complete Advanced Gear first) or picked up from the terminal on the Supplies section of the Fleet.

Back