18 classes confirmed for launch...

XionTawa

Last edited:
I know this is using a "class" system instead of a "job" system, but does anyone know if it will have the same "one character, tons of different job levels" set-up? That was the one thing that attracted me most to FF11, because it makes it easy to level up higher level jobs and keep others at a set level to play with a friend.

does anyone know if it will have the same "one character, tons of different job levels" set-up?

Yes, it does...but it has been improved on a bit...like, you don't have to go to your house to change your class... And yes, just like in FFXI, your classes you change from levels are "saved"...

Excellent news; thanks for the info. Pretty much the only way I will be getting into this is if my wife tries it. I just have too many games in my backlog to add an MMO to the equation unless she is playing. She is a FF fan so I'm very much interested in getting her to check this game out. Barring that, I'll likely wait for GW2 or get this much later. This type of system would make it much easier for me to keep on par with her since I tend to play more.

FF 11 (and I'm sure 14 will as well) had a way that you could downgrade your level to match the level of who you are playing with. So even if you max out all your classes you can still enjoy playing with someone from a lower level without dominating everything.

Back