14w27b

Josh2415

Tribe of Judah Minecraft Server Operator
I updated the server. Good news and bad news time!

Good news:
  • Bunnies! Bunnies bunnies bunnies.
  • Randomized block textures (sand, grass, netherrack...)
  • other stuff?

Bad news: The interface to Multicraft is broken. This means...
  • I cannot see if the server is actually online from the web interface. I can leave myself logged in to Minecraft to remedy this.
  • Our special commands like "gotospawn" do not work. Our warp wall works, but it's now a one-way trip. I can add command blocks by each warp destination to kind of remedy this... but you can only warp back from those specific spots then. This may be an interesting twist to the world, come to think of it.

Your thoughts, guys?

Edit: I added a "Return to Spawn" capability right by each warp destination. Usually it's a visible command block with a pressure plate on top. Ugly, but quick and effective.

Last edited:
Edit: I added a "Return to Spawn" capability right by each warp destination. Usually it's a visible command block with a pressure plate on top. Ugly, but quick and effective.

So if I see wild animals at spawn, I'll just think that they used those command blocks to get there.
Also rabbit farms, Want to get some of those going so I can add rabbit stew to my shop.

According to the wiki you can breed rabbits, but my attempts so far have not been successful.

Found the trick, you have to tame the rabbit first. I don't think I have, I put them in a fenced in area.

Has anyone spawned the Killer Rabbit of Caerbannog? I want to see that in action, from a safe distance...

how to tame the bunnies? I fed them carrots... better log in to make sure im not overrun o_O

nope, still just two. :(

Last edited:
I think bunnies should actually reproduce on their own, to fit the popular procreation reputation. That could be hazardous to server CPUs though. Maybe we could teach our dogs to hunt them, for population control.

I had three bunnies in a pen and they didn't multiply on their own.

You have to tame the bunny first, here's what I've found.

As you approach them, they will look at you, but attempt to keep a set distance by jumping away from you as you approach. If you are fast enough, you can attach a lead, but that doesn't do much good except to put them in a pen.

Approach the bunny slowly (shift walk) with a carrot in hand. They will run off if you move too fast, or turn too fast so slow is the way to go. Once you get to about 10 blocks (maybe) and stop, the bunny will slowly approach you (don't move if you can). Once they get to about three blocks away, you can feed the carrot to them. You will see a "puff of smoke" and hearts feed another carrot, and you will get another puff and hearts, feed a third and and you will see a LOT of hearts.

This may be a variable I've only managed it once. Now that the bunny is tame, it won't run away when you approach, but it doesn't seem to follow either. I used a lead to take it to the pen.

I've only tamed one so far, I will post as I learn more.

Oh, and you can corner the bunnies and feed them a carrot and get hearts, but unless you approach slowly, it won't do anything.

I have two bunnies in a pen.... caught them wild with a lead. I get lots of hearts every time i feed them carrots. /me shrugs

Yeah, but they still don't bread, do they? Make the pen larger so you and them have room to move around and work on taming them it works kind of like the ocelot. I got two to breed last night. The baby behaves tamed. However, I think the mechanic is bugged. I had them in the pen at the construction site bread them and made sure the gates were closed. I ran back to my saferoom and they appeared right behind me when I entered. I have them locked in the safe room now, I will experiment more later.

Update:

When tamed, rabbits will not avoid players and may be bred. Unlike other tamable mobs, rabbits cannot be made to sit. Tamed rabbits will teleport to the player similar to wolves and cats, although this can be prevented with a lead.

from the Minecraft wiki.

Last edited:
Update:
When tamed, rabbits will not avoid players and may be bred. Unlike other tamable mobs, rabbits cannot be made to sit. Tamed rabbits will teleport to the player similar to wolves and cats, although this can be prevented with a lead.

from the Minecraft wiki.

Resulting recommendation: remember to restrain rabbits with rope, ruining random relocation routine!

Resulting recommendation: remember to restrain rabbits with rope, ruining random relocation routine!

Yeah, not so much. I had two who must have broken their tether and teleported into my safe room, again. Rabbit husbandry is quite annoying.

Back