Icthus said:
One word Bannard- Respec...... Mana effeciency is King.

My mana effeciency is amazing. My overheal rate is often under 10%, while I've seen holy\disc and disc\holy priests overheal at over 30%, even 46% at times.

I have an addon that automatically scales the heals based on need. If somebody needs 500hp, it selects the flash heal that will give them about 500 hp instead of the monster rank 9 flash heal for 1100hp at a cost of 1000mana. Given that I can heal 5 man scholo and 5 man Strath SM runs, I suspect I don't really need to respecc until running MC, where the average priest needs to stretch a 7000 mana pool to 13,000 mana over the fight with Lucifron, even more against the harder bosses.

I am tri-specced. 10 disc / 10 holy / 31 shadow. You can see the spec in my signature. Its highly irregular.

Besides mana effeciency changes nothing on the global cooldowns.

1. Cast sheild on Warlock that is doing hellfire.
2. Wait the global 1 second cool down before being able to cast a 1.5 second flash heal on the mage that is AE bombing mobs. Wait 1 second global cooldown, wait another 0.5 second for the 4 second cooldown on the sheild before being able to cast a sheild on the mage.
3. Wait for global 1 second cool down before casting 1.5 second flash heal on the warlock that is near death.
4. Wait for global 1 second cool down before casting renew on the silly rogue that just stole agro from the warrior, praying the whole while that rogue knows how to use feint.
5. Wait for global 1 second cool down the cast 4 second greater heal on warrior to get him back to 90% life.
6. Switch to high spirit staff. Wait 5 seconds for mana regen to kick in. Get a few hundred back in spirit.
7. Cast sheild on silly warlock that decided to hellfire again without warning,
8. Wait global 1 second cool down before casting flash heal on the rogue that hasn't used feint yet

Well i relooked at what you said and can help fix a few issues.

1. NEVER HEAL A ROUGE THAT STEALS AGRRO (they eventually learn from deaths)
2. Greater heal is "suppose" to be the most effecient, but I never use it either like was mentioned earlier.
3. did i mention mana effeciency makes all this easier?
4. NEVER HEAL A ROUGE THAT STEALS AGRRO (they eventually learn from deaths)

I play bannard very well, High in damage done, low on the damage taken scales. Probably one of the best PvE rogues on the servers. But once in awhile, I find myslef in trouble for any number of reasons. Because of this knowledge, I'm more then willing to throw a rogue a bone and heal.

Sometimes the rogue (actually doesn't matter the class, even a priest can do this) steals agro because the warrior isn't informed on how to tank. Take for example the first three pull in ZF. There is absolutly no need for crowd control on this pull. The parties warrior grabs the two troll warriors and focuses on hitting the two of them while the three DPS focus on the third (usually a caster). A common error warriors make is they focus on only one of the mobs. Meaning he's generating very little or no hate on the second. As soon as you send that warrior a heal, the second mob makes a bee-line straight to priest. We are quite lucky that a few warriors understand this concept and is able to maintain the agro on more then one mob at a time. Given a perfect scenerio, where the warrior maintains agro on two mobs and the DPS is able to kill the third mob fast enough without anybody taking more then 20% damage, you can get away with throwing the warrior nothing but greater heals with an odd renew to your DPS group.

Last edited:
I would hope that after leveling 59 times that someone would know by then how to play hir or her Warrior..

Bowser said:
NOOOOOOOOOO. Not fair! So.. when are we supposed to switch weapons? When we're at a tactical disadvantage? Ugh.

Klangdon gets low on mana ALL THE TIME, he can either use a dagger and an or with an AWESOME ability, or use the Staff from SM: Illusionary Rod with 15 int on it.. When i am low on mana i will switch to the orb and use its ability to give me 400 - 1200 mana back. 1.5 seconds is life or death in many situations, but itas better than nothing.

id thinkin the ZF case the warr would purposely not hit the 2nd mob in anticipation of some form of CC. you can never over CC.
if there is no mage or whatever and the warr has to hold them both then thats different. but i dont think its too much to ask the rogue to actually do something and like sap.

I think he went back to the rogue stealing aggro away from the Warr who should be attacking everything to keep the aggro. Have the rogue sap one so thw Warrior deosnt get railed on so much.

You guys do realize that warriors are designed to take damage? With their high armour, damage is mitagated by over 50%, their high defense skill increases thier parry and dodge rates immensely. A warrior with three mobs attacking him will actually last longer then any other class with one mob attacking them save a pally, which can heal themselves.

I still wouldnt waste my mana to a rogue that cant leave the aggros alone, and i especially wouldnt heal him if my priest wasnt designed to be a healer :p

Back