† NEW RECORDS †

Avesther

Most gold medals won at the winter Olympics by a single nation:

14 - Canada - Vancouver 2010

Most gold medals won at the winter Olympics by the host nation:

14 - Canada - Vancouver 2010

The USA 36 medals puts the all-time U.S. medal count -- combining all of the medals the United States has won in Summer and Winter Olympics -- at a staggering 2,511.

and

The United States has won more medals in Vancouver than in any other Winter Olympics

Congratz and very impressive indeed. Of course, by population mind you, if you compare your tally to say Canada, you would be closer to 3,150.

Last edited:
Did you know that for the most part, only North America lists medal tallies by total medals won while the rest of the world lists by gold medals won? The more you know....

Nabby was just saving his energy for the real tournament. You know.. the one with a big cup that's going to find residence in San Jose this year.

/on thick Russian accent/ You have not lived in mother Russia. Only Mother Russia matters, this Stanely person not Russian must be crushed.

Congratz and very impressive indeed. Of course, by population mind you, if you compare your tally to say Canada, you would be closer to 3,150.

Except statistics don't exactly work that way...considering there are far fewer medals available. Maybe something of a function of population vs world population would be more appropriate, I dunno. :)

Last edited:
Nabby was just saving his energy for the real tournament. You know.. the one with a big cup that's going to find residence in San Jose this year.

i didn't realize any of the players on the front running teams made residence there. :D

or, if you mean the president's cup and its curse :D :D :D

i wish my team was better :-(

Icthus said:
/on thick Russian accent/ You have not lived in mother Russia. Only Mother Russia matters, this Stanely person not Russian must be crushed.

/thick Russian accent
In Russia you don't play hockey, hockey plays you.

or, if you mean the president's cup and its curse :D :D :D

Detroit did it a couple years ago. Tho this year I'm just looking to win the conference, Presidents was cool and all, but I'm eying something a little bigger.

i wish my team was better :-(

Well, my team (St. Louis) can keep your team company down there the the race for bottom... ;)

I have two words in response: GO SHARKS!

In the most classic and heroic voice:

Neeeeeeeevvvveeeeeeeerrrrrrrr!! :D

If I got one thing going for me, it's team loyalty. Even if I don't pay as much attention as I'd like.

Back