New Tribe of Judah web site coming soon

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
Good morning, all!

I'm currently working on plans to move the Tribe of Judah web site from DotNetNuke to WordPress. I've already downloaded a backup of the site, the site's database, and a copy of the member roster.

Once the new site is fully operational, I plan to send an e-mail to every ToJ member (as recorded on the site's member roster).

I plan to post progress updates on this thread and to social media, so stay tuned for further news!

weird question about the site. I notices its toj.cc The question is, was the .cc the only thing that was available or was it picked to for something specific. For instance, maybe christian community.

I was just wondering if using the cc was something standard that christian communities used. I'm looking for a domain name for a possible Christian community I've been thinking about starting for years.

Thanks in advance.

weird question about the site. I notices its toj.cc The question is, was the .cc the only thing that was available or was it picked to for something specific. For instance, maybe christian community.

I was just wondering if using the cc was something standard that christian communities used. I'm looking for a domain name for a possible Christian community I've been thinking about starting for years.

Thanks in advance.
if you want some help on availability let me know. I host both the cga forums and now toj.cc....:)

Thanks in advance.
Good question!

When we were shopping possible domain names for ToJ way back when, three-letter domain names for popular top-level domains (.org, .com, and .net) were already taken. When I contacted the owner of the toj.org domain at that time, they offered to sell the domain for $1500 (which, of course, was right out). We decided on .cc as an alternative because we were able to get toj.cc.

Here's some light reading for folks interested in the history behind the .cc TLD (top-level domain):

.cc is the Internet country code top-level domain (ccTLD) for Cocos (Keeling) Islands, an Australian territory of 5.4 square miles (14 km2; 1,400 ha) and about 600 inhabitants. It is administered by a US company, VeriSign, through a subsidiary company eNIC, which promotes it for international registration as "the next .com"; .cc was originally assigned in October 1997 to eNIC Corporation of Seattle, Washington, by the IANA.

The Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus — a country the UN does not recognise (they consider it to belong to the Republic of Cyprus) — also uses the .cc domain, along with .nc.tr.

With the help of SamsDirect Internet, eNIC managed and marketed the top level domain with great success to become the "second largest TLD registry in the United States second only to Verisign" according to Brian Cartmell, founder and CEO of eNIC, who testified before the United States Senate in regard to The Governance of the Domain Name System by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers on February 4, 2001. Much of the success of the domain sales came as a direct result of Sams entering into a deal with the largest radio broadcaster in the United States, Clear Channel (CC) Communications, to advertise and promote the domain on several hundred radio stations over a three-month period.

Registration is made directly at second-level.
Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.cc

I admit I was initially disappointed when we couldn't acquire toj.org, but @Elihu, in an effort to cheer me up, said that it stood for Command Center, which was especially fitting because Tribe of Judah started as a StarCraft clan. That (and the fact that our web site was only six characters when you include the dot) changed my mind. Reading .cc as Christian community makes it all the better!

EDIT: Found this thread from 2003 asking about the .cc. For context: We asked ToJ members to use the [toj.cc] clan tag on Steam. Some of us (myself included) still do!

Last edited:
Thanks for that insight.

Wow, Starcraft. I got that when it first came out (being a Warcraft II player) but I was not good at SC.

The colouring makes the site hard to read. Black on grey can be difficult, but orange on grey (the links) are particularly hard on the eyes.

Just my two shekels.

The colouring makes the site hard to read. Black on grey can be difficult, but orange on grey (the links) are particularly hard on the eyes.

Just my two shekels.
Agreed. We're planning to re-work the palette soon. Stay tuned! (I chose the primary color for the first palette, so I take full responsibility for the first batch. @Atown helped me pick better choices for the upcoming palette. :))

I know google fonts are popular...but they also are one of the biggest site speed killers around. If you want to use google fonts i would highly advise finding a plugin that can cache them locally so you do not have to worry about google causing your site to run slow..which it does from time to time.

Please pardon our delays! COVID-19 has upended the daily routines of many, including those working on the new Tribe of Judah web site.

Work may have slowed, but it shall continue!

Back