Monkey Island on sale today or hello "I'm selling these fine leather jackets."

The Mighty Gerbil

Tribe of Judah TF 2 Chapter Leader & CGA Admin
Staff member
If you don't like point and click adventure games ignore this post but if you do https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/6588/Monkey_Island_Collection/ on sale today at $13.10 for all four. I don't often plug a game but the Monkey Island series is probably the best, at least in terms of the writing in the first three, point and click adventure series ever made.

EDIT: Apparently Steam now automatically deducts the games I already own from the price so the price is really $13.10, if you have none of them, and not $7.86 as I had posted previously. Still great games though :). Also if you are wondering I have the original hard copies just not all the games on Steam.

Last edited:
I clicked the link and remembered that I have The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition on Steam and I don't know if I've ever even launched it. :|

Oy, I still need to go back and restart Grim Fandango, too. Got like an hour in to the game then dropped it for some reason.

I guess adventure games don't hold my super-short attention span very well (which is not at all a criticism of adventure games, but rather my attention span).

Back on topic: Looks like a great sale!

I clicked the link and remembered that I have The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition on Steam and I don't know if I've ever even launched it. :|

Oy, I still need to go back and restart Grim Fandango, too. Got like an hour in to the game then dropped it for some reason.

I guess adventure games don't hold my super-short attention span very well (which is not at all a criticism of adventure games, but rather my attention span).

Back on topic: Looks like a great sale!

They also have River City Ransom: Underground on sale for the next ten hours for 3 bucks. I wanted to mention that to you as you are probably one of the few around who may, or may not, remember the original. Problem is the game is overtly grindy. They nailed the art style, charm and feel but don't give you enough moves starting out to hold your interest. Even when you get better moves there isn't enough variety IMHO. They didn't fix some problems the original had either like inadvertently walking off screen. Sadly I can't recommend it on charm and nostalgia alone.

...but yeah Monkey Island Mmmm. Replayed the original a while back and the only reason it wasn't funny is I remembered all the jokes :) .

Edit: Wait looked on Steam and Tek owns RCR already NVM :p ! I'll have to hit you up for multiplayer sometime :) .

Last edited:
I played one or two of the Monkey Island games back when they originally came out. Also played several of the King's Quest and a couple of the Space Quest series. They were top of the line back then but I doubt I would be able to plod through them at this point.

Edit: Wait looked on Steam and Tek owns RCR already NVM :p ! I'll have to hit you up for multiplayer sometime :) .
So last night I was aimlessly wandering through the Steam web site when I found a list of games my friends had purchased recently. That's where I discovered that you had purchased RCR:U, which surprised me since you and I share a love of frugality. Intrigued by your purchase AND delighted to discover that the game was actually and finally released (after I had considered but ultimately opted not to back the game on Kickstarter) AND, most importantly, CHEAP, I decided to buy it.

So that's the story.

And yes, we'll most definitely have to play some RCR:U soon. :>

Back