ToJ UT3 server activity

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
So the ToJ UT3 server was down for a while...

...and no one contacted me about it (at least, not that I noticed).

Should we keep paying for a server that's (apparently) not seeing much use?

Right now, we pay $20.79 a month for the UT3 server.

Sadly,I don't think it makes much sense to have a server anymore. There are plenty of empty servers out there if we ever want to meet up for a game or two. I think people have been purposely crashing the server with hacks so it keeps going down... Its down right now. Lets face it UT3 is almost a nine year old game and there isn't a huge community left playing it.

There has been traffic, but the most in the last month has been 4 people at once. Maybe we should cut it down to an 8 slot server to cut the price in half till the new UT gains in popularity. I changed the server ini files to a max of 8 players if you want to update the account to 8 and give it a month or two to make a decision about cancelling.

Last edited:
There has been traffic, but the most in the last month has been 4 people at once. Maybe we should cut it down to an 8 slot server to cut the price in half till the new UT gains in popularity. I changed the server ini files to a max of 8 players if you want to update the account to 8 and give it a month or two to make a decision about cancelling.
That seems reasonable.

I'll try to devote some time to updating game servers this weekend (I also need to drop the TF2 server from 25 slots to 24 as we've disabled the Replay function).

That seems reasonable.

I'll try to devote some time to updating game servers this weekend (I also need to drop the TF2 server from 25 slots to 24 as we've disabled the Replay function).

Thanks Tek. It's important you verify it's actually cheaper to drop the slot too. I believe we got the 25 man server on sale and the price of a 24 man server not on sale may be more expensive. Not sure if you lose a discount if you change slots because on the page you buy a server it also has the option for modifying an existing server. If that's the case be sure to compare prices before clicking confirm. I fired off the question to their help desk just now (edit: sent you the response in pm).

Last edited:
I've submitted the request to cancel the ToJ UT3 server. According to the NFO Servers control panel, the server will go offline Wednesday, March 29, 2017.

Back