Minecraft launcher errors

Tek7

CGA President, Tribe of Judah Founder & President
Staff member
I've been trying for the last 1-2 hours to get Minecraft working on my laptop and I'm no closer to successfully launching it now than when I first started. I'm about to abandon Minecraft, at least until I can play on my desktop computer.

The current error I get (with the latest version of Java installed AND connected to the Internet) is: SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certificate path to requested target

Has anyone had this same issue and found a solution? I've tried downloading 2 different versions of Minecraft directly from the site, uninstalling and reinstalling Java, temporarily disabling antivirus, and even downloading and installing the Technic launcher. No progress on any front. :(

I was trying to get Minecraft working so I could check on our server, so I might as well also ask: Is the ToJ Minecraft server currently up and running?

EDIT: If I install the latest version of Minecraft, I get the following error when I try to sign in:

EOFException: SSL peer shut down incorrectly

EDIT#2: I was able to install Minecraft, launch the game, and join the ToJ MC server without any issues.

So whatever issue I'm having is specific to my laptop.

Last edited:
It's probably specific to your laptop. I'm not sure how to fix your problem.

I'm pretty sure the server is still up, I was on a few days ago.

It's probably specific to your laptop. I'm not sure how to fix your problem.
That does indeed seem to be the case. I was able to launch Minecraft without issue on my desktop computer and join the ToJ MC server.

Have you tried removing and re-installing the network card drivers?
Not yet. I can try that soon, though I'll need to read up on the process ahead of time since the drivers for my WiFi card in my laptop are built in to Windows 10. As far as I can tell, neither Dell nor Intel offer a driver download for W10.

Do they have a Win8 driver available? That should work in place of a Win10 specific driver. Whatever the case, download the latest driver from Dell and use it. Even if it's the same driver you have installed now. The issue could be corruption in the current driver installed.

You might also email/call Dell's tech support and ask if they have a Win10 driver for your machine. They may have one that hasn't been posted on their support site yet. Or they may recommend a specific driver to use.

Back