Guild Wars 2 Info Released!!!!

Finally some guild info:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgjD46NbGVE

Basically you can join as many guilds as you want and at any given time you can "represent" that guild. As you are repping that guild only that guild's guild chat comes up along with that specific guild's accessories (like the guild tag).

Also, as you do stuff with guild mates you earn something called "influence". Similar to the "karma" system, but it is used to upgrade your guild (Guild Calenders, Storage, and bonuses that can be marked for certain areas that give bonuses to all nearby guild members. With this you will also be able to buy a keep in WvWvW that will notify players your specific guild owns that keep. It will also fly your guild's banner just to make it VERY clear who the big spenders/defenders of that world are.

They said they have a lot more info on it but aren't ready to share that yet.

Interesting Guild info. Makes me wanna have a main SoE guild we all join for our mains to gain influence and totally band together and rock GW 2 and fly flag so everyone sees! /roar

Interesting Guild info. Makes me wanna have a main SoE guild we all join for our mains to gain influence and totally band together and rock GW 2 and fly flag so everyone sees! /roar

Looks like we will be able to have all our characters in any/every guild we want so this idea would ROCK!

(On a side note this posted made me think of the song Diverse City by Toby Mac. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2RnkPkfN7Y)

Last edited:
Update: ANet has clarified this topic by posting the following: "In the interview {Eric} mentioned that we are considering allowing players to 'create' their own PvP servers, it is not for certain. And we never mentioned anything about 'private PvE server' -- that is something we will definitely not do."]
Posted in the original Artical as an update..

Update: ANet has clarified this topic by posting the following: "In the interview {Eric} mentioned that we are considering allowing players to 'create' their own PvP servers, it is not for certain. And we never mentioned anything about 'private PvE server' -- that is something we will definitely not do."]
Posted in the original Artical as an update..

Dang, I would have liked to put together a PvE server even if it was completely separate from the actual game. Oh well, not a deal breaker for me.

I hope this game goes into Beta soon. I'm ready to play!

Well the 5th and final race week is on the way!

http://www.arena.net/blog/prepare-your-minds-for-asura-week#more-6217

• Monday, 9/12 – An asura character design blog post by concept artist Matthew Barrett, the key artist responsible for the look of the asura.
  • Monday, 9/12 – BONUS! We’re throwing in an extra asura short story by loremaster Jeff Grubb!
  • Tuesday, 9/13 – An asura environmental design blog post by Matthew Barrett that takes a closer look at asura architecture and props.
  • Tuesday, 9/13 – Hey, Bookah! This advice column provides smart asura answers to stupid questions.
  • Wednesday, 9/14 – Writing the asura blog post by Writer Angel McCoy, with audio examples of asura chatter.
  • Thursday, 9/15 - Asura animation blog post by Lead Animator Heron Prior, with video examples of unique asura animations.
  • Thursday, 9/15 – We’re updating the GuildWars2.com asura web page with new lore by Jeff Grubb, new screenshots and wallpapers, and a brand new asura feature video.
  • Friday, 9/16 – A narrative asura blog post by Ree Soesbee that explores the world of the asura through fiction.

No announcement on the final class huh?

Sadly, no, but I'm fully expecting it to be a Mesmer (or some alteration).

I wonder if after the last class reveal we will get a Beta date or if they are going to go into other aspects of the game. I want a complete game, but I'm pretty much done with all my other games so GW2 couldn't get here fast enough.

"......my advice to the animators was just to go for it. Anyone who was going to choose an asura as his character was probably onboard already."

Ok, THIS is SPOT ON! ANet is amazing <3 (I read the whole article hearing Art Director Daniel Dociu's voice even tho he didn't write it heehee)

What a PERFECT vid :D I love love love asura!! Yes, yes I am going to make an asura 1st ^_^

Back