Sushi Anyone?

Jethiel

Thought it might help if while we are pushing for the fishing achievement for the guild we actually put some purpose and motivation behind it. Please post in here what kind of fish you are in need of and where they are located in Azeroth. If you are fishing for yourself you probably know what you are looking for and where to find it.

For starters for you level 85's out there I would recommend working on getting the ingredients for the recipe we are striving towards earning. That means heading to Uldum and fishing along the coast for Fathom Eel, or also fishing in the Delta and up river in Uldum for Lavascale Catfish or going to Twilight Highlands and fishing for the Highland Guppy.

So please don't be shy. I helped out a bit last night fishing for Albino Cavefish for Anita to make oil for making flasks (great dual purpose here). Feel free to post in here if there are specific fish you want us to find for you and which character to mail them to. Please make sure they are found in fishing pools as well or else you should look to do your own fishing - we are looking at wriggly dudes that get us moving towards guild achievements here.

Well, I would suggest:

Highland Guppy (4)
Lavascale Catfish (4)
Fathom Eel (4)

For our upcoming Seafood Magnifique Feast (http://www.wowhead.com/item=62800)

Interesting note from one commenter on wowhead ...

"I caught 90% of the pool fish needed for this guild achievement. The majority of the pool fishing was done in Deepholm, Twilight Highlands, and Uldum. It took a total of 45 hours to catch 9000 pool fish with two toons.

A single fisherman rate of 1.66 fish per minute can be expected under favorable conditions of low pool competition, minimal travel distance between pools, and seldom fighting mobs.

Two toons fishing at the same time can catch an average of 100 fish every half hour. Optimal conditions of zero competition and close pool clusters can yield 120-130 fish every half hour."

It took a total of 45 hours to catch 9000 pool fish with two toons.

Oh...my...word...

And I thought I was somewhat focused to fish...

I haven't checked on where spawns are in Deepholm for those fish but have been through Uldum and Twilight Highlands a bunch to fish for them. I will be heading there tonight to investigate.

Yeah, Joe, my eyes popped outta my skull at that one too.

I wonder about his Guild size that he was responsible for 90% of the Guild achievement. We won't have that problem in TF - even folks to share the wealth.

I wonder if this falls under the same category as killing critters? While normally a solo activity, teaming up MAY have an advantage here.

For killing critters, if I were in a party of two, each person received credit for a single critter killed. This expanded to a whole raid, so you could get up to 40 'points' for each critter killed.

If fishing counts the same way, there is a huge benefit to partying up and fishing near each other, where feasible.

I wonder if this falls under the same category as killing critters? While normally a solo activity, teaming up MAY have an advantage here.

For killing critters, if I were in a party of two, each person received credit for a single critter killed. This expanded to a whole raid, so you could get up to 40 'points' for each critter killed.

If fishing counts the same way, there is a huge benefit to partying up and fishing near each other, where feasible.

This theory has been tested and does not function the same way as critter kills. It is per catch per pool per individual; sadly enough.

Oh man Ron, that would have rocked, thanks Joe for testing the theory. Now stop posting and get another 20 pools already ;)

Oh man Ron, that would have rocked, thanks Joe for testing the theory. Now stop posting and get another 20 pools already ;)

Hey I would have gotten us up to 6,000 fish last night but I ran in a random regular with guildies - blame them for the distraction! (just don't listen if they tell you I'm the one who put the group together) I also have no idea why I have such a keen interest in fishing...no explanation.

Fishing is enjoyable, not sure why but its nice. My favorvite place right now is fishing in TB. People are fighting all around you, mobs around, yet your sitting on the coast fishing peacefully (well have to beat down a mob with my fishing road now and then).

Be nice if there was some more randomness to it, like more very rare random items we could get. Maybe based on your fishing skill so it would be worth it to wear the fishing hat etc.

Also letting everyone know that fishing in the Kalu'ak derby and Stranglethorn Extravaganza does count towards our guild achievement as they are both 'in pool' activities. Yes, I watched the achievement count go up as I was in them so I personally made sure. The Kalu'ak derby ran for 58 minutes before anyone caught the shark so I'm thinking there couldn't have been too many people actually fishing for the event. Sadly the weekend before this past one I didn't know the derby was going and I caught the shark in Borean Tundra as I was leveling my fishing and cooking; so I had no idea what it was for and just let it sit in my bag until it disappeared. Also came really close to winning STV event yesterday but didn't know where to turn my 40 fish in...was hovering in the air when the 'winner' flew down to the dock to turn it in and I followed him there. *groaning noise* But it was still worth it as I won the Eternum fishing line :)

Last edited:
[7F]LarryBoy;411614 said:
Great job finishing this up, guys!

I agree - full marks for all the people that made this happen (especially David who fished a whole lot of the 10K by himself)

Back