CGA Men's Forum

Are you interested in CGA creating a Men's Forum

• Yes, I am eager to see it begin.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Somewhat interested; I may check it occasionally.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I am not really interested in it.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I am interested, but I am a woman, so I can't join. I will be praying for you though.

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Strong Fortress

This has been on my heart for almost constantly for a while now. I feel very strongly that we need a men's forum on CGA.

I would envision this as a place where men challenge each other to become Godly Men. It would be a place of accountability as truth. "Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." (John 8:32) Men need to know the Truth about Satan's lies. We as men fight talking about our problems. We try to internalize them and fight them on our own. This is why so many of us fight and fight, but never win the battles over sin that we wage day to day. "Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective." (James 5:16) Confession is the only way to bring the sin into the open and expose it so we can be healed from those sins.

I would envision this forum as being a place where confession is welcomed without condemnation, but rather with the love of God that may seem tough, but is focussed on freeing us from the shackles of sin in our lives.
How many of us struggle with this sin or others. I feel this could be a great ministry for numerous men in CGA. There would be many who have already fought these battles who can offer guidance and wisdom. To make this forum safe for the men that would use it, I think that it would be by invitation only so that only men could be invited.

What are your thoughts about starting a Men's Forum in CGA?

Smiles I support you but it does take some work. Btw any Christian ladies can contact me for access to Lydia's......something that weighed heavily on my heart for a long time until it was finally done. Just like ladies need a quiet place I feel you "lords" do as well if for no other reason then those sensitive areas that guys wavelength works better on.

Blessings,"Angel"

Greetings, all!

I just wanted to pipe in and say that I think this is a fantastic idea. It has crossed my mind once or twice in years past, but always when I was nowhere near the keys or a pad of paper. So kudos to Strong Fortress for taking the initiative to post his vision to the forums!

A men's forum? The male equivalent of "Lydia's"?

I can smell it now!

wait. That was me... begging your pardon.... :eek:

i think this would be an amazingly possitive attribute for the forums

"Men" as in males over 21, I assume? If so, my opinion counts for naught(as does C$'s), and I will never discuss it again.

Wait, I take back what I said. I think it should be based on maturity. If you think you are mature enough, then you should be allowed to post. But if you abuse those privilege, then you are out.

Wait, I take back what I said. I think it should be based on maturity. If you think you are mature enough, then you should be allowed to post. But if you abuse those privilege, then you are out.

If you base it on maturity then you will be counting out a lot more than just those over 18 or 21 :D .

"Men" as in males over 21, I assume?
At this time, no age limit has been determined. That is not to say that there won't be one, but rather that it has not yet been decided upon. At the current moment, I am just trying to see how many people are interested.

I would assume that "Men" means "anyone who has that certain blend of chromosomes that women do not ever have."

I can't see why we would be doing anything that would require a 18A (R-rated in the states?) limit on entry :)

Back