ZG Run Goals

Angus_Og

I am going to just start posting the goals for the run under this header so I do not fill up the forum to quick. :)

Goals for 7/28
We will continue with the same bosses and the same order as we did last week. We will start @ 7:30 and take the Bat, then Snake and lastly the Spider. I would like to have all three down within 2 hours. We have been pushing close to 3 hours for the last couple runs and that is mainly due to wipes.

Last week this order did good for us, we took down the Bat and Snake in roughly an hours time. I would like to cut a few more minutes off of this, hopefully get it down to about 45 minutes. I know I said I wanted to cut one of these bosses out once we got Spider done, but I feel that we are not proficient enough with Spider yet to move on to another.

I am hoping that in a couple of weeks we can handle Spider well enough to make a go at the Bloodlord again. At least doing it this way we will still get experience and loot from the two easier bosses.

Leasons Learned from 7/21
Bat then Spider means less time repeating ones steps.
Always have one tank outside the reach of Spiders webs. And taunt her back to the MT.
Everyone stay on the path to the Spider and stay close to her. This reduces the risk of aggro after she webs.
Quit hitting Spider when she changes so the MT can gain aggro again.

Goals for 8/4
Well the goals will be the same. Kill the Bat, Snake and Spider boss. We need to work on communication more. For the most part people did great. We did get roughed up at times I think to some minor communication issues so we need to iron that out.

Lessons Learned from 7/28
One person talk during the fight. Due to some TS lag there was some talking over each other.
Handing out marks at the beginning makes life a little easier on all. I will setup a macro for this in the future.
Armor, a warriors best friend. We need to work on our warriors gear. Maybe make more BRS/Strat runs.

There's actually a lot of little things that we can do... and many of them don't happen on Friday nights. Like Mike said, gear is important... but not just the gear that we get in ZG. We need to be running instances during the week to improve.

We also need to be thinking about enchants - enchants can make a HUGE difference through the course of a fight. Think about the 2nd try on the snake boss, where we died at <1%. If one person had one, single, little point of attack power, spell damage, etc.... multiplied out thru the entire encounter, we would have had it in 2 runs instead of 3. Several guildies are working up their enchanting, and would be willing to give out free enchants. It may not be the +30 spell damage, +22 int, or something like that, but +5 stam on your bracers may be better than the +3 that's currently there...

On that line, it's not just tank's gear that we need to work on, but everyone's gear. We need to make sure that we're not blowing off each one of our responsibilities to play the best we can, get the best gear we can, etc... and just say "warriors need more HP/AR" or "casters need more +dmg"... we should all be striving to improve our gear during the week, even if it's just one piece by fixing enchants.

If you're not sure what enchants you need, or what gear you should be striving for, please ask. Several of us have played multiple classes and understand the difference in the gear that is available...we may even know where to find what you need.

We're making great progress, and I'd like to see it keep going forward. :)

If any of you are in need of enchants, let me know. I can dust off my priest and let her see daylight for a change. :)

I'm at 300 enchanting and can do most enchants, with the exception of recipes that drop in MC. I may need some help gathering the mats though. I haven't been sending much over to my priest for disenchanting recently.

Buto can do some enchants along with Shebaely. We have the people, we just need the mats and the people to experament on, I mean enchant.

When I get in game this evening, send me a tell. I have tons of mats on my bank character that any enchanter in the guild can have. I have no need for them as I don't play my Priest that much anymore. I may in the future when I change him to a Healing spec....but probably not before.

ttyl,

Chris

And of course, Deedlyt can do every enchant except those from AQ (they take Nexuses anyway...), +4 to all stats to chest, and +55 healing to weapon. Anything else I can do. Here is a list of enchants in the game.

Deltara has some high lvl enchants mats, but is currently JUST getting into the 2nd level of mats. So I can share some of those around (and would sure like to get some high enchants on myself *wink*wink*nudge*nudge*)

Since we are on the topic of enchants and ZG, I think we have one very important matter to discuss regarding the BloodLord (which I'd think we'll get to in the next couple of weeks - my guess only). Ok the details, off the Blood Lord, there is a Primal Hakkari Idol for which when combined with your Punctured Voodoo Doll gives you one of the best enchants to shoulders in the game:

Druid - Animist's Caress
+10Stam +10Int +24heal

Hunter - Falcon's Call
+24Rngd-attk +10Stam +1%Hit

Mage - Presence of Sight
+18spells +1%hit-spells

Paladin - Syncretist's Sigil
+10Stam +7Def +24healing

Priest - Prophetic Aura
+10Stam +4mana/5sec +24heal

Rogue - Death's Embrace
+28Attk +1%Dge

Shaman - Vodouisant's Vigilant Embrace
+15Int +13spells

Warlock - Hoodoo Hex
+10stam +18spells

Warrior - Presence of Might
+10stam +7Def +15shieldBlock

As you can see, this enchant is amazing. I have now been on two separate runs in the past two weeks where when this idol has dropped, major drama ensued. There is much debate on who should be allowed to roll on this. Some argue only those who are wearing Tier 2 gear, some who specify mains only, some who even say "only if you are in the bwl progression".

I would like to preface this by saying, we have a great opportunity here to be an example when we do hit this boss and down him. I think it is VERY important that we have a clear rule on this particular item and with acknowledgement by all who attend our raids. Angus, this is a potentially hot item which I believe needs serious consideration with regards to the TF-led ZG runs.

Just a quick correction Adam. I believe the enchant is for head and legs. The shoulder enchant is at exalted and you need to pass in 15 honor tokens. The enchants are as follows:

Zandalar Signet of Serenity - +33 healing
Zandalar Signet of Mojo - +18 spells
Zandalar Signet of Might - +30 attack power

Thanks for the correction, I had just finished speaking with Iron about the Zandalar enchants when I wrote this up. The one I am talking about is for heads or legs. The Zandalar enchants, as Tone has mentioned, are the shoulder enchants which do not require a drop, just Exalted rep plus 15 honor tokens (which are created from either a bijou or a set of coins from ZG).

Goals for 8/11

Here are the goals for this weeks ZG run.

Hopefully this will be the last time we do both the Bat and Snake bosses together till we are ready for Hakkar. If we one or two shot the Spider boss we will start rotating these and add in either the Tiger boss or the Bloodlord depending on how the group does with the Spider boss during the run.

The showing we are getting from TF has been good. We are squeaking out 10+ consistantly now. We have been getting a good mix up until last week when we ended up with 8 mages. Don't get me wrong, this is not necessarily a bad thing, I would just like to see more variations, especially when we do the Bat boss. We still need to be able to consistanly disrupt her healing.

Our team work is getting better and I will set the goal for myself of learning more strategies for taking down the Bloodlord. We get close but we keep just missing it. Maybe once our noobie 60s are geared better it will not be as tough. But until then I need to come up with a better plan.

So far through out our travels in ZG we have taken down the first two bosses consistantly, lost it to the Spider about half the time, lost both both times to the Bloodlord and once to the Tiger boss.

We are doing well against ZG I believe and I am confident that we can make it past this hump of the Spider and Bloodlord getting in our way. I see the Spider going down again this week. We just need to remember to take it slow and easy.

P.S.
One thing I have learned already, you can not reset the Bloodlord like you do the other bosses. :(
One other thing that will be needed for us to do this fight, 4 tanks. 2 for the Bloodlord and 2 for his ride. I have found one strategy that I would like to try next time we attempt him. It sounds promising.

Last edited:
I was talking to a friend of mine here at work who still plays in my old guild. They approach the Bloodlord a little differently than we did last week. First of all, we need to clear those raptors in the back, I was feared into them last week and couldn't rez since I was dead in the middle of them.

Now they put everyone on top of that little wall (the raptor pen wall.) The main tank is on Bloodlord and his raptor is brought to the wall and is taken out first. Then everyone can take out the Bloodlord.

I know they also only use 1 prot warrior on the Bloodlord but I also know the 2 main tanks they have are pretty well equiped.

Just thought I would throw out what I have heard about this encounter.

One thing that's been really hard for me, but seems to help contribute to my survivability.... stop nuking.

Yep, you heard it, a mage that doesn't want hardcore spellblasting on every fight. Start slow, let the tank get agro... small pauses from time to time to make sure you're not overpowering the tank... and... if the boss even *looks* at you funny... wait 5-8 seconds before casting again.

I actually opened my spellbook last night in UBRS and starting casting Rank1 frostbolts. they're faster, less mana, cause less threat.....and still put the winter's chill on the boss. I cast it the first 6 or 7 casts on Drakk. When I got my clearcast, that strat went out the window... free big damage! :)

But really, there are times when overnuking is important (AoE the whelps) but taking agro on a single target is a bad idea. This also applies to ice mages, hunters and rogues... just because you can wipe agro (iceblock, feign death, feint) doesn't mean that the boss will return to the tank. Oftentimes, the healers are right behind you in agro...and if the tank can't catch the boss, the healers die.

Then we all die.

Anyway, the high damage classes just need to mindful and make sure they're not overnuking. it really can be a problem.

Well, I would do that except I believe that Blizz has declared that an exploit.

I would be surprised if my old guild was using that strategy if it was ruled an exploit, that is not their style at all. But now that you mention it I think I remember reading something about an exploit like that, I will have to dig around some to confirm that. Obviously if it is a known exploit I would never suggest using it. I didn't realize that no one but the tank was going to take damage in that scenario, I just thought that was where they were fighting them.

Although I wonder if we still shouldn't take out the raptor first.

P.S.

Found this on the official forums:
A) Blizzard has officially responded:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Poster: Tigole at 12/16/2005 9:08:44 AM PST
Subject: Re: ZG Bloodlord - Exploit or no?
Using geomerty to negate the charge would be considered an exploit.

We're trying to fix this on our end as quickly as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and

Poster: Tigole at 12/16/2005 9:11:43 AM PST
Subject: Re: ZG Bloodlord - Exploit or no?
Please note:

We're not actively punishing people for this one. I respectfully ask you to refrain from using this strategy for now. We'd prefer to fix things on our end rather than take a heavy-handed approach.

I feel that I should explain my either absence or lateness for these events... I do want to go to ZG very much... I have stuff I would really like to get such as enchants & rep etc...

However, RL comes first and as of late it has been kind of crazy. While I do desire to hang out with you all in ZG, I cannot do it at the expense of my family. Our family has been going through many things lately, and we are trying to get things back on track now. In doing this and the troubles our family runs into is why I have not been raiding alot and why I am either late or absent from our Friday guild runs.

Just thought you all might want to know that I do not hate you, I actually like raiding with my guild and hopefully I will get the privilege of doing so again more often in the future.

Anyhow take care.

Ironwolfe/Perin/Randall

As I always say, RL comes first. This is only a game and will still be here once other issues are resolved. I hope everything continues to work out and we will see you again in-game when we can.

Back